The key objective the Assistant Showroom Manager are Working with the Supervisor to proactively drive sales, whilst successfully driving exceptional levels of service and delivering excellent standards of customer service.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Ensure regular training of showroom staff on all aspects of customer service, product knowledge and selling skills.
· Implement a high standard of customer focus within the showroom.
· Regularly assesses
· Create seamless customer service orientation among showroom employees by ensuring timely and efficient customer service.
· Ensure customer needs are met and complaints/queries are resolved in a timely manner.
· Assess customer service standards within showroom, mystery shopping feedback and prepare action plan for improvement.
Sales and Commercial Profit:-
• Achieve the revenue targets for the showroom.
• Achieve target productivity metric (sales per person per day, staff per sq. ft) for the showroom.
• Actively seeks ways to achieve or exceed showroom sales targets.
• Monitor and control expenses (overtime, stock and consumables) through efficient showroom operations.
• Interpret and act on operational profit and sales reports generated through finance and focus on improving under-performing areas.
• Monitor sales performance against last year, last week and budget on a daily and weekly basis and to give feedback to managers and to communicate to staff.
Shop Keeping and Showroom Standards:-
• Ensure accurate stock merchandise and management (stock ageing, stock loss, space management) within the showroom.
• Oversee and monitor all point of sales activities in the showroom which includes - sales transactions, tracking customer orders and payments, registering sale and maintaining inventory updates, providing service, handling returns and refunds, and gathering consumer data for feedback.
• Oversee and monitor the inventory management in the showroom (stock availability, order management, back store management, stock movement within showroom).
• Ensure that the showroom is in compliance with the company policy for all employment and state laws, including wage and working hours, human rights and equal employment opportunities.
• Ensure the company policy and procedures are communicated in a timely manner and adhered to accordingly.
• Oversee cash transaction entry and management (petty cash, POS cash elements, change floats).
• Regularly audit own showroom administration and resolve any issues.
• Monitor and continuously seek to understand commercial environment, local trading patterns, competitor activity and market trends in the retail sector and their impact on showroom.
• Monitor and handle customer complaints and take corrective action in line with Company policy.
• Maintain high standards of visual appearance throughout the showroom including all non-retail areas.
• Maintain window and in-showroom displays to a high standard in line with merchandising guidelines.
• Prepare and review showroom reports on sales, commercial profit and stock ageing (slow moving, fast moving and non-moving items).
• Execute price revisions within the showroom.
• Maintain a high level of showroom health and security for company assets, cash, stock, and customer property.
• Ensure seasonal peaks and important trading/promotional events are taken account of when preparing forecasts and staff roster.
· Ensure showroom expectations and priorities are communicated to staff.
· Review and provide regular feedback on staff’s performance against expectations.
· Carry out regular and relevant in-showroom training and enrol staff on relevant learning and development courses.
· Support induction of new recruits through a buddy system.
· Monitor staff welfare and facilitate complaint resolution.
· Oversee staff development and drive motivation levels of the store associates.
· Ensure effective resource planning and succession planning.
· Communicate relevant and appropriate franchise business information from Principal.
· Be a role model to the associates by adapting hands on approach (lead by example) to resolve issues and problems of any nature.
· Check the attendance register daily.
· Check personal presentation of the staff and ensure that all employees comply with the company’s uniform policies dress code.
· Manage staffing and ensure that shifts / leave plans are appropriately planned to ensure maximum coverage /customer service.
· Educate staff on maximising business opportunity through the utilisation of appropriate planning