As a member of META Project Management Office design team, you will contribute to the engineering and designing of applications based on Hilti modular support systems using Hilti s proprietary software PROFIS Installation . This position works directly with both the customers and our field team to provide engineering of low to medium complexity applications.
You will work closely across various departments such as sales, field engineering, project management and logistics within Hilti market organizations across the Middle East, Turkey, and Africa.
Who is Hilti?
If you re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we re looking to expand, we re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
The key responsibility of the Associate Application Engineer is to engineer and design complete applications based on Hilti modular support systems and related products such as anchors or direct fastening solutions. You will also provide a bill of materials to other Hilti functions (e.g. supply chain) for further processing.
You will collaborate on project execution with different Hilti departments while applying basic value engineering (combining technical commercial logistics aspects) for defined applications.
We're ranked in Great Places to Work 2019 as one of the world's best multinational workplaces.
What do we offer?
Show us what you re made of and we ll offer you opportunities to move around the business to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you re after.
Why should you apply?
Year upon year we are recognised as one of the top 'Great Place to Work' employers, both globally and locally. And when you meet us you'll understand why. We have a diverse team of people with a variety of nationalities, backgrounds and experiences. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter where you re from.
What you need is:
• A Master s degree (structural/ civil engineering)
• A minimum of 2 year s work experience in steel Structural Design (experience with design of MEP supports with modular systems is a plus)
• Experience working with Structural Engineering Software (such as R-Stab, SAP2000)
• Knowledge of drafting in AutoCAD 2D (further knowledge of AutoCAD 3D or Revit is an added advantage)
• Proven site experience
• The ability to take initiative and make decisions based on findings
• Efficient oral and written communicator
• The ability to correlate between the technical and commercial aspects of engineering work
• An interest in solving complex engineering problems based on your analytical mindset
• Willingness to travel across the region and spend time on-site to support local Hilti activities
We're looking forward to receiving your application!