Associate Director, Data, Analytics, and Insights MENA, Dubai UAE
We are looking for a go-getter with a passion for data and insights, as well as business development. The ideal candidate would possess a strong understanding of AI and Machine Learning (particularly deep learning) algorithms, content automation, and video analytics). As a critical resource within the digital team, the Associate Director will aid in developing and refining business intelligence tools to be used internally for new business, and externally as client solutions.
In this role, you will be responsible for optimizing data measurement and analytics from various internal and external sources. Working closely with clients teams, you will support in developing strategic insights and data visualization to offer our clients an edge in the marketplace.
You need to be curious, proactive and solution-driven, with strong business acumen to explain complex data and insight sets to team leads and clients alike and help them identify opportunities and areas of growth. You should be well-versed in social media monitoring and web analytics tools. You should also be able to work with structured or unstructured data sets, and have the ability to spot patterns and trends to enable strategy and crisis teams to deal with client challenges. Ideally, your spectrum of digital expertise should cover web, mobile, social media marketing, and analytics, and qualitative/quantitative research methodologies.
Responsibilities and Attributes
• Lead multiple client briefs from various practice groups, helping them find the best way to use data for insights or measurement, and to showcase the impact of communications on their business objectives
• On a need basis, provide insights and new ways of visualising analytical findings for existing clients
• Manage and work on several distinct projects, with varied scope, and often within overlapping deadlines
• Demonstrate a solid grasp of statistics and be comfortable with analytical techniques
• Work closely with the global Data and Analytics teams on the continued development of clients and service offerings throughout the business
• Support the client teams and help to identify new opportunities, provide insight and direction in new business opportunities
• Inspire and guide junior team members to develop greater data expertise.
This Position Is a Good Fit If You
• Have a proven track record of working with Social Media and Digital analytics tools and platforms
• Are comfortable working with APIs, integrating data from various back-end services and databases
• Have been exposed to the concepts of Data Science, Machine Learning, NLP, Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence, or similar.
• Are experienced in bots creation and training. Knowledge/Experience with bots/apps for platforms like Facebook Messenger
• Are fluent in English; knowledge of Arabic is a plus
• Are a team player with excellent communication skills, and a creative contributor
• Work independently and have a hands-on mentality; you are creative and take responsibility.
• Have a clear affinity for leading-edge technology.
• Are willing to learn deep technical skills and apply them to the business of our clients.
• Possess a positive attitude and creativity
• Can multitask and handle several assignments concurrently
• Have a demonstrated ability to be innovative, flexible, engaging and empowered throughout the delivery cycle
• Are interested and able to learn new languages quickly (Programming Language Concepts) will be beneficial to success on the job
• Have knowledge of couple programming languages, preferably Python
• Are experienced with data manipulation and data cleansing in Python, R, Excel or equivalent.
• Have knowledge of machine learning libraries, preferably in Python (such as sci-kit learn, TensorFlow, Caffe, Torch, Keras, etc).
• Possess an understanding of image recognition and video analytics.
• Can understand how machine learning and deep learning algorithms work (Support Vector Machines, k-Nearest Neighbors, Na ve Bayes, Random Forest, Neural Networks etc).
• Can oversee the development and implementation of concept tests.
• Are comfortable conducting benchmark market analysis
• Are able to lead a technical assessment of new products and their capabilities.
• Can take the lead in preparing related presentations and participating in relevant pitches and new business initiatives.
What The Role Can Offer You
• The opportunity to be part of a fun, dynamic, ambitious and growing team within a large agency
• The chance to work on leading local, regional, and global brands
• Play a crucial yet flexible role, shaping the thinking and direction of major projects
• The opportunity to work on some hugely significant projects for some of the biggest new launches in the industry
• The chance to work across all elements of communications including digital, social, public relations, consumer, B2B and corporate
• The opportunity to work with a truly global agency, collaborating with teams and talented individuals across the Dubai office and in other markets