Associate Director (Quantum Dispute Resolution)
65,000 to 80,000 AED p/month plus benefits
The dispute resolution arm of a major international consultancy has just landed two major commissions in the UAE. Already heavily established internationally, with a sizeable claims advisory, dispute resolution and legal services team present in the Emirates. This win has meant there is an immediate requirement to recruit an Associate level quantum claims professional into the existing business to both deliver and help manage the increased workload of the business.
The business has a global set up with an established brand providing commercial management, planning and programming, dispute resolution, expert witness, adjudication, arbitration and litigation support services across Building, Civil Engineering, Petrochemical and the Engineering sectors. Their long history has endowed them with an in depth knowledge and ability to understand their clients needs. Ideally we are looking for individuals with an aptitude and track record in the following.
• Assisting the Director leading the Dubai office in both work generation, team building and management as well as championing high standards and helping with development of staff and it s service proposition.
• Marketing, relationship building and account management of a growing client base that will include out of hours social events and giving seminars.
• Delivering high quality expert advice on quantum matters to new and existing clients that include main contractors, law firms and employers on high value multi million pound disputes.
• Running assignments autonomously and providing other commercial services.
Attributes / Expertise
• An experienced and ambitious consultant with experience of delivering clams or Expert advice on quantum matters.
• Background likely to have been in part spent within a claims & dispute resolution specialist / consultancy in the building or infrastructure sectors.
• Professionally qualified in quantity surveying with ideally additional qualifications or an interest in construction law
• Someone personable and able to engage with peers, construction lawyers, contractors and clients.
• Someone who has their reputation intact, works to high standards and encourages his team to do the same.
• A people person, a team player and someone enthusiastic about the sector.