The Associate Director, Pre Award is responsible for directing the externally funded programs, through
implementing leading practices in research contract management and risk mitigation.
• Manage and implement the University research contract management framework covering the
• complete contracting cycle: proposal preparation, review and approval, proposal submission,
• agreement negotiation, and account setup, including effective management of sub contracts.
• Responsible for developing guidelines for agreement clauses, and negotiating and finalizing
• research contracts with external partners.
• Manage and oversee the implementation of efficient policies and procedures of contract
• administration throughout all stages.
• Develop procedures to ensure faculty are performing on external projects including monitoring
• research progress reports and coordination financial reports.
• Work with industrial engagement team to ensure smooth transition from pre proposal and
• discussion phase, into realized research agreements within priority areas of research.
• Prepare, coordinate and submit grant application in a timely and compliant manner.
• Review, edit and approve all grant proposals/applications for submission prior to final approval.
• Assist faculty in the development and submission of proposal budgets that comply with sponsor
• policies, rules and regulation.
• Ensure that indirect cost rates and any cost sharing allowances are in line with Khalifa University
• Negotiate contract and grant awards with sponsors and ensure full execution of all contracts in a
• timely manner.
• Serve as an institutional liaison to sponsoring agencies for funded projects, including negotiation
• of budgetary and contract revision.
• Ensure the required reports are submitted appropriately and on time with complete project
• closeout and final reporting.
• Expand, manage and diversify the portfolio of external funding opportunities.
• Provide faculty and staff with information regarding external funding opportunities.
• Ensure adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and report
• breaches or other security risks accordingly.
• Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and
• responsibilities, as and when needed.
• Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
• Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the
• team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
• Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre determined training needs, evaluate their
• effectiveness, and monitor their results.
• Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and
• recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
• Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is
• running smoothly.
• Follow up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative
• and related affairs.
A Bachelor s Degree in related field.
• A minimum 12 years of relevant experience.
• A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience