The College invites applications and nominations for the position of Associate Dean and seeks an experienced administrator who will lead the College in its accreditation, assessment and curriculum endeavors. Under the guidance of the Dean, the Associate Dean will oversee the day-to-day operations on the Dubai campus. The Associate Dean reports to the Dean of the College, maintaining regular and ongoing communication with the Department Chairs and Program coordinators and the relevant centers and institutes in relation to teaching and learning and student administration issues.
The Associate Dean is responsible to the Dean for: strategic oversight of all matters relating to teaching and learning; academic administration; coordination of student administration in the college. Associate Deans are also required to work on appropriate strategic priorities for the near and medium term; and to review these priorities at the annual performance appraisal discussions.
The Associate Dean will advise the Dean on all College matters related to teaching and learning. This includes chairing and participating in College and University level committees as well as reviewing and managing the College s educational programs. The Associate Dean will contribute to the development, enhancement and evaluation of new and existing programs and will lead all accreditation activities. This person will coordinate with the Assistant Deans for Student Affairs and the Assistant Dean for Research and Graduate Studies with student administration and staff development. Other responsibilities include: participating in the identification and recruitment of new faculty and staff as well as their successful assimilation into the College, assisting with development of the College s Strategic Planning and reporting of Key Performance Indicators, actively coordinate the preparation of documents for curriculum revisions or additions, review and ensure implementation of College policies and procedures, provide inputs on policy and procedure related to the College. The successful candidate will also interact extensively and collaboratively with senior administrators, management, faculty, students and staff, as well as representatives from external institutions, schools, organizations, government and other universities.
• An earned Ph.D degree from an in one of the disciplines in the College of Communication and Media Sciences, preferably from a top QS ranked university.
• A minimum of five years of academic administrative experience.
• Demonstrated experience with ACEJMC standards is preferred.
• A record of scholarship, teaching and service in higher education appropriate to appointment within the Zayed University faculty at the rank of Associate or Full professor.
• Experience in a learning outcomes-based, assessment-rich, educational institution.
• Evidence of leadership in the curriculum development that meet international standards and success in building teamwork.
• Ability to work with faculty from diverse cultures and nationalities and across disciplinary lines.