The MENA equity research team is looking for a motivated associate research analyst to assist the team with its coverage of the equity markets in MENA, with a particular focus on MENA consumer and consumer-related companies as well as MENA Real Estate. The position is to be Riyadh-based.
The MENA equity research team covers 58 stocks with a market capitalisation of $820 billion and services BofAML s equity investor clients and internal sales and trading desks worldwide with thoughtful and insightful research and investment ideas within the sector.
The role involves all aspects of equity research, including: 1) financial modelling, 2) communicating with internal and external clients, and 3) building relationships with corporates under coverage. The demands on the role are sometime high and a demonstrated ability to deliver under pressure is essential.
• Providing principal coverage leadership of the MENA consumer sector, with an in initial focus on Saudi consumer stocks. Furthermore, a successful candidate would be responsible for providing local market colour to the rest of the MENA research team and the MENA equities business.
The individual would also be responsible for chaperoning research meetings with Saudi Corporates. Additional responsibilities are:
• Performing primary research and information gathering on the companies in the sector and their products
• Developing and publishing company financial models on a timely basis
• Contributing to industry and regional research report
Collaborating with sector peers across EEMEA and the global research team to produce sector research reports
• Responding to client requests and requests from sales/sales trading
• The job description and responsibilities listed are not all inclusive. Responsibilities and accountabilities remain flexible depending on business needs, and will change as required.
Core skills and requirements
The successful candidate would preferably if not ideally have:
• Experience of working as a lead sell-side analyst, being the principal author on single stock research
• Demonstrated track record of exceptional academic achievement
• Motivated, hard working, numerate individual with strong communication skills
• Strong excel skills
• Strong understanding of accounting, financial modelling/financial maths, valuation
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
• An ability to sell ideas
• Fluency in Arabic
• CMA certified analyst
• Buy side experience would be an asset
• Current understanding of Saudi consumer stocks preferred
• Experience of dealing with international buy side analysts and PMs
• ACA (or other accounting qualification) or MBA
• CFA level 2 or greater
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.