At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound kledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Business Unit Overview
Due to the rapid growth of our Financial Services Internal Audit team, we currently have opportunities for ambitious and highly motivated Managers with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects. We would like to hear from Managers with experience of working with Internal Audit Departments and a background in finance, risk, control and financial services.
• Leading the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations. Supervise, conduct, and report on the testing and adequacy of the entity s design and operating effectiveness of internal controls
• Understand the expectations of key stakeholders and their perceptions of value. Evaluate current IA scorecard of key performance indicators (KPIs). Understand the risk assessment process and client s risk culture and risk appetite
• Prepare and present reports that reflect audit s results. Design, build and implementation methodologies, metrics and reporting dashboards for the analysis, measurement and ongoing monitoring of risk and control . Responsible for providing high level support and leadership for the planning, implementation and administration of the entity s Internal Audit Plan.
• Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in Financial Services Internal Audit and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
• Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate; and,
• Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
• As a Manager in the team, the role includes wider practice management responsibilities which will include coaching, training and mentoring junior staff, competency development and market eminence activities.
• The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC s Financial Services Internal Audit team within our Risk Assurance Middle East practice. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of Internal Audit related projects within Financial Services. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
• The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
• Education: Bachelor s Degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Finance, Economics, Business etc.
• Mandatory qualifications: The following qualifications are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role: Chartered Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor
• Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
• Proven IT skills in the following programmes such as excel, word, PowerPoint etc
• Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
Minimum years experience required
• Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in Financial Services, preferably within a professional services environment.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
September 27, 2018