experience in similar position for at least 12 months with a great deal interpersonal
skills and physically
Skills and Knowledge
Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
to work alone and within a team
Guest ware, Microsoft Office, AVAYA or
telephone software and other related operating systems
and ability to work around the clock
Education or Certification
Diploma in Hospitality or related categories
level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical
to the successful performance of the position:
• Attend to each call in a
courteous and efficient manner, using correct telephone etiquette according to
the Marriott International standards.
• Dispatch appropriate
personnel to satisfy guest requests and resolve guest issues.
• Maintain a log of all
guest requests as well as guest response. Information should include:
Guest name, room number
Service request issue
Time of call
Action taken / resolution
Follow up information, including final status
• Maintain and be familiar
with a directory of information within the hotel and local area information.
• Local hotels , address, telephone and fax
• Travel agencies, Airlines, Car rentals, Taxi
and limousine services
• Money exchanges, Bank and automated teller
• Local restaurants, hours, type of food , price
• Local attractions, hours, prices
• Houses of worships, hours
• Shopping facilities, Government offices, Emergency
• Record the
guest s name and room number under the wake up time requested. Repeat this
information to the guest to ensure proper handling of wake up calls in the
morning. Set wake up clock or input as request as they come in.
• Maintain a handover log
for the next shift, e.g. VIP arrivals, in- house, extra care, car exceptions, noting
any services that are pending to ensure follow up, etc.
• Utilizing all available
resources, follow up on previous shift requests are pending issues.
• Be fully conversant with
OPERA, Guest Ware and AVAYA operation system.
• Each associate is expected
to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
• Be aware of emergency
procedures according to hotel policies & procedures and follows
Supervisor/Manager s instructions.
• Be familiar with all job
aids, policies and procedures related to Front Office operations.
• Be aware of PCI compliance
according to Marriott standards.
• Be Flexible to work
various shifts around the business needs to assist all front office sections.
• Have strong
organizational skills; always practice Clean as you go
• Report to work
on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance and other
grooming standards must comply with the standard of the hotel.
• At all times
strive to represent Marriott in the most professional, courteous manner.
• Be proactive in
your job, giving proper handover to other colleagues/department head and to
• Showing positive
attitude and inculcating the same within the team members..
• Performs other
related tasks as assigned by management.
• Attend all
scheduled department meetings.
cleanliness and neatness of work area.
• Report work related accidents, or other
injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
• Follow company and department safety and
security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure
• Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest
reports of theft.
• Follow company, hotel and department
policies and procedures.
• Follows Marriott
International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
• Protect the privacy and security of guests
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary
materials and information.
• Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal
appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies
• Protect company tools, equipment, machines,
or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as
requested by Management.
• Actively listen and respond positively to
guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific
process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and
• Assist other employees to ensure proper
coverage and prompt guest service.
• Anticipate guests' service needs, including
asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and
watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
• Address guests' service needs in a
professional, positive, and timely manner.
• Engage guests in conversation regarding
their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
• Thank guests with genuine appreciation and
provide a fond farewell.
• Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest
with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's
name when possible.
• Supply guests/residents with directions and
information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and
local areas of interest and activities.
• Answer telephones using appropriate
etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile
in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate
person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold,
taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
• Speak to guests and co-workers using clear,
appropriate and professional language.
• Talk with and listen to other employees to
effectively exchange information.
• Support all co-workers and treat them with
dignity, respect and integrity.
• Handle sensitive issues with employees
and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and
maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and
• Partner with and assist others to promote an
environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.