Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you re happy, our guests will be happy. It s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That s The JW Treatment .
To handle all guest requests for At Your Service
Department. When not making deliveries, the runner must stock supplies to par
levels and remove requested items from rooms when guest is completed with the
item. The runner must also be available to perform reasonable tasks from
agents, supervisors, team leaders and managers that assist with the satisfaction
for the hotel. In addition, the runner should strive for learning the AYS agent
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
• A Full Time
position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
• Number of Direct
Reports - 0
• Titles of Direct
an experience in similar position for at least 6- 12 months with a great deal
Skills and Knowledge
• Responsible and
• Basic knowledge
of operating electronic devices
• Good level in of physical fitness.
Education or Certification
High School pass.
level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical
to the successful performance of the position:
• Have knowledge of the property, hotel, staff and services including hours of operations.
knowledgeable of the surrounding area. Have thorough knowledge of the
guestroom including: location, views, amenities, features, type and
• Offer the
hotel guests the best possible service with exceptional courtesy.
• Make sure
amenities are fully stocked.
• Handle and
track all amenities (cribs, rollways, electronic devices) delivered to
guest rooms on a timely manner, to maintain an accurate inventory, to
ensure recovery upon guest departure, and to post the sold items from the
• Take care
of good receiving of guest s faxes/ mails/ messages and make appropriate
delivery to the room following proper standards.
• Keep an
accurate evidence of entrances in the guest s rooms with the master key.
• Work in a
safe manner with proper handling and lifting.
associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management,
which the associate is capable of performing.
• Perform a
monthly stock inventory for amenities.
shoes are properly polished of the guests and sent back as requested.
with agents, team leaders, supervisor or managers regarding the guest
• Be aware of
all manual wakeup call handling procedures.
• Be an ambassador by promoting the hotel, restaurant, lounge, gift
• Utilizing all available
resources, follow up on previous shift requests are pending issues.
• Be familiar with a directory of
information within the hotel and local area information.
• Money exchanges, Bank and automated teller
• Local restaurants, type of food
• Local attractions
• Houses of worships, hours of services
• Shopping facilities, Government offices,
• Be aware of emergency procedures according
to hotel policies & procedures and follows Supervisor/Manager s
• Be familiar with all job aids, policies
and procedures related to Front Office operations.
• Be Flexible to work various shifts around
the business needs to assist all front office sections.
• Have strong organizational skills; always
practice Clean as you go
• Report to work on time with proper uniform,
including name tag. Personal appearance and other grooming standards must
comply with the standard of the hotel.
• At all times strive to represent Marriott in
the most professional, courteous manner.
• Be proactive in your job, giving proper
handover to other colleagues/department head and to follow through.
• Showing positive attitude and inculcating the
same within the team members.
• Performs other
related tasks as assigned by management.
• Attend all
scheduled department meetings.
cleanliness and neatness of work area.
• Report work related accidents, or other
injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
• Follow company and department safety and
security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure
• Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest
reports of theft.
• Follow company, hotel and department
policies and procedures.
• Follows Marriott
International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
• Protect the privacy and security of guests
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary
materials and information.
• Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance
are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and
• Protect company tools, equipment, machines,
or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as
requested by Management.
• Working hours as required to do your job but
normally not less than 48 hours per week.
• Actively listen and respond positively to
guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific
process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and
• Assist other employees to ensure proper
coverage and prompt guest service.
• Anticipate guests' service needs, including
asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening
to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
• Address guests' service needs in a
professional, positive, and timely manner.
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Helpdesk / Customer Service / Telecalling