AV Site Services Support is responsible to set up, operate and support equipment used for classrooms, exhibitions, conferences and multimedia presentations in United Arab Emirates University.
The role as an AV Site Services Support in UAEU is to be a mature, highly skilled support person, who is competent to efficiently and professionally deliver diverse audio visual, videoconferencing and educational AV Technology services to all UAEU community. Position is also responsible for operating and supporting equipment that is used to record and display live classes, events, such as a live conference. Individual will support day to day operational activities for UAEU smart classroom, and collaborative technologies in a multi-campus environment.
Tasks & Duties:
• Exemplify and promote Extreme Customer Service to users and co-workers.
• To maintain, set up, breakdown, store and operate a variety of audio visual equipment offered to users at the UAEU for their daily classes and various diverse events and meetings.
• Set up, operate and install equipment such as smart boards, microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards for events and functions such as concerts, sports events, meetings and conventions, presentations, news and educational conferences.
• Operation of equipment and controls during classes, rehearsals, live shows, conferences and exhibitions.
• Confer with manager to establish cues and directions, Create and install custom lighting systems, Work with computer-controlled lighting systems , Monitor sound feeds to ensure quality, Mix sound inputs and feeds, Switch video input sources from one camera to another, Determine filming sequences and camera movements, Compress and digitize audio and video data and perform other relevant duties on location.
• Diagnose and correct client side media system problems, Send in equipment for repairs as needed, Clean audio and video equipment and store properly, Ensure the safe transfer and shipment of equipment.
• Work with associated support teams from vendors, and other business units on the design, build out and ongoing usage of AV infrastructure.
• Follow established procedures and processes to address room and equipment issues.
• Evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint.
• Actively generates process improvements, supports and drives change and confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways.
• Analyze any situation, determine the best course of action and deliver results.
• Conduct audits of equipment as part of the development of facilities and upgrade plans, supply and purchase recommendation.
• Maintains the functionality of the equipment by properly cleaning and maintaining the equipment even if that means minor repair.
• To ensure all work is performed according to the agreed standards and that quality techniques are practiced.
• Provide service updates and reports to senior management as required.
• Other duties as assigned
• Technical diploma in engineering, communication, electronics or any relevant major.
• Should have at least current Two to Three years of experience in enterprise A/V Infrastructure, preferably in academic institution.
• Knowledge of troubleshooting technical issues, instantly pinpointing faults and remedy during an event under AV infrastructure.
• knowledge of all audio-visual systems: sound, lights, recording, video conferencing, switching, broadcasting, audio mixers, control systems, IP TV, digital signage, AV automation, wiring, amplifiers, microphones, projection systems, video cameras, and other A/V peripheral equipment.
• Ability to operate portable equipment, establishes point-to-point and multi-point connections, and interconnects auxiliary equipment such as computers and document cameras.
• Knowledge of End-user computing infrastructure, including Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
• Thorough knowledge of various AV and video electronic pieces of equipment
• Knowledge in SMART, Mitsubishi, Rave, Arrive, Tandberg, Polycom and industry standard hardware & software will be a preference.
• The candidate should possess a high energy level, which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self-confidence.
• Flexibility, adaptability and an ability to cope with a busy workload.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills including report writing.
• Ability to work in shifts and in a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays is essential. 24/7 availability on call basis.