An automotive mechanic must ensure that all maintenance tasks are performed in a timely manner. He is responsible for prioritizing work orders. The automotive mechanic shall assist junior technicians in their technical duties, and supervisors in setting PM and CM tasks.
• Manage multiple technical teams.
• keep equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
• Maintain vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
• Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
• Schedule, plan and prioritize work orders on a daily basis.
• Ensure corrective and preventive maintenance tasks are performed as required.
• Perform routine condition based inspections as required.
• Troubleshoot failures on various electromechanical systems.
• Operate various types of equipment, including but not limited: forklifts, pickups, scissor lifts, etc.
• Diagnose problems and analyze failure root cause.
• Fill and update allotted work orders on regular basis in order to keep CMMS data up to date.
• Coordinate on regular basis with CMMS planner during corrective maintenance tasks providing information such as start time, expected completion time, expected delays, required spare parts, additional assistance needed, potential safety risks, completion time prior to closing work order.
• Coordinate with quality control, safety, planning, and warehouse in order to perform all scheduled tasks in a timely manner.
• Assist the supervisor in setting the daily PM task list.
• Perform necessary housekeeping after completion of maintenance works ensuring the premises is completely safe and free from any obstacles.
• Coordinate with the warehouse to request, retrieve and return spare parts.
• Request necessary work permit approvals prior starting critical maintenance tasks.
• Maintain all tools and equipment in good working order.
• Take the necessary and mandatory safety precautions before, during and after the execution of tasks including but not limited to:
o Installing the necessary barriers around the work area
o Installing the necessary warning signs
o Wearing the proper PPE
o Using the correct tools
o Thoroughly inspecting the equipment after the completion of the job
o Testing the equipment before releasing the same to operation.
• Test the equipment before releasing the same to operation.
• Keep the floor space clean and free from obstructions.
• Attend and pass all trainings assigned by the company (Including but not limited to online and refresher training).
• Abide by all key performance indicators set by the company.
• Maintain a clean and tidy work environment by performing regular housekeeping.
• Provide assistance to maintenance and cleaning teams when required.
• Abide by company processes relating to:
o Quality Management
o Safety Management
o Environmental Management
o Complaints Management
o Health Regulations
• Maintain a high level of personal hygiene as per company policy.
• Maintain positive and healthy relationships with colleagues, supervisors, and client representatives.
• Follow the instructions provided by the supervisor.
• Strictly follow all security regulations.
• Up to 10 years of experience as an automotive technician in the Industrial sector (manufacturing plants, processing plants, etc.)
• Experience in leading multiple maintenance teams.
• Familiarity with reputable air compressor equipment manufacturers; (Ingersoll-Rand, Atlas Copco, GE etc…)
• Experience in prioritizing work orders.
• Experience in the repair of various mechanical and electro-mechanical systems including but not limited to:
o Engines and gearboxes
o Fuel, electrical and diesel systems
o Automobile cooling system
o Suspension and transmission
o Automobile chassis
o Various pneumatic and hydraulic systems including fittings, manual and solenoid valves, check valves, flow and pressure control valves, single and double acting cylinders, etc.
o Various steam applications including boilers, evaporators, heat exchangers, pressure reducing valves, steam traps, steam fittings, etc.
• Experience in lubrication, shaft alignment, belt alignment, seal replacement, etc.
• Experience in the removal and installation different types and sizes of bearings (ball bearings, roller bearings, thrust bearings, needle roller bearing, etc.)
• Experience in reading mechanical drawings, manuals and work instructions
• Experience in working in a CMMS environment
• Experience in paint manufacturing industry is a plus
• Millwright and machining experience are a plus
• Welding experience is a plus
• Minimum 3-year technical diploma in related field from a recognized college.
• Physically fit.
• Clean bill of health (Physical and mental).
• Doesn’t suffer from any chronic disease (including but not limited to: Diabetes, Blood pressure, Heart conditions, etc.).
• Doesn’t depend on continuous medication.
• Good command of English language (speaking, reading and writing).
• Basic understanding of Arabic language is a plus.