Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Aviation Ground Support Equipment Mechanic (AN)
Aviation Ground Support Equipment Mechanic (AN)
The Aviation Ground Support Equipment Mechanic (AGE Mechanic) will be based at one of the PAE sites in Iraq and serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. This position will be responsible for operation and maintenance of aviation ground support equipment. He/she analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds and maintains power equipment, such as forklifts, cargo/pallet loaders, ground power units, meteorological equipment, portable stairs, aircraft tow vehicles, and tow bars. This worker operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects, dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists, power tools and hand tools, examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges, replaces defective components and subassemblies. The GSE Mech will be regarded as PAE s on-site authority on all aviation ground support equipment questions. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Performs the full range of overhaul, repair and service of aviation GSE systems. Ensures quality of work and required tools and materials are to be used.
• Ensures work is complete and conforms to standards and requirements in accordance with technical manuals, and local SOPs.
• Operate and maintain aviation ground support equipment, records, logs and reports as required.
• Analyze malfunctions and performs services on aviation GSE and other equipment as needed.
• Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, and hydraulics systems after reading and interpreting electrical, control, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics.
• Maintain a safe workplace and ensure safety is the highest priority.
• Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
• Ensure staff attends required trainings and maintains records of departmental trainings.
• Evaluate job hazards and communicates information to management verbally and in writing through various venues, including email and crew meetings.
• Assist in developing new ideas to improve the quality, and safety of airfield operations.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Lead mechanic
• Minimum Acceptable Experience Level:
• Three+ years experience in this field.
• Hands-on maintenance technician. Excellent troubleshooting skills on mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems; Advance ability to diagnose and maintain a broad range of complex mechanical equipment.
• Strong knowledge of electrical and control systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot down to component level on equipment.
• Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of practices and processes involved in supporting airfield operations.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
• Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs.
• Education: A high school diploma or GED plus related technical training.
• Licenses and Certifications: Valid drivers license from Home of Record.
• Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued security clearance or be able to obtain a favorable US Government clearance prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for the duration of the contract.
• Language Skills: English proficiency. Professional and effective communicator both orally and in writing to management, staff, colleagues and Program Officials.
• Citizenship: US Citizenship is required.
• Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
• Technical degree a plus.
• Experience working with PAE.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS:
This position is located in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment, as well as willing and able to deploy to Iraq for extended periods. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, while some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time and being capable of running and duck & cover during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug-free workplace.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster