• To implement the training strategy within MENA Cluster reporting to the Cluster Regional Training, HSSE & Product Quality Manager
• To develop and monitor the implementation of the People competency and capability aspect across MENA operational sites.
• To monitor and assess the competency Site Master Trainers (SMT) and Site Trainers through appropriate train the trainer programme.
• To ensure that the Cluster operations training needs are met, either through the provision of quality in-house training or by identifying and arranging suitable external training courses.
• To act as the Cluster Master Operations Trainer, ensuring that each site will have Task Trainers who are competent to perform their roles, and that task training at each site is being carried out thoroughly, in line with the training programme and that all training records are documented and regularly updated on t he Air BP CADOPS System (Competence Assessment Database for Operations Staff)
• To assess and implement all training related to Operations / HSES Functional Standards for management and all non-operational roles across the MENA.
• To act at all times as an HSES role model, actively and passionately communicating HSES messages.
• To coordinate the delivery of training to Technical Service Agreement (TSA) customers within MENA.
• To act as the Master Trainer and maintain an in-date certification of competency.
• To implement the training framework and develop a generic training plan.
• To identify and implement all training related to Operations & HSE Function Standards.
• To identify, Train and Certify Site Master Trainers and Site Trainers.
• To highlight deficiencies in training and propose and take corrective actions.
• To provide assurance to the asset management through monitoring performance and KPI's.
• To manage all training materials and programmes in line with business objectives in order to ensure that our staff training is efficient and effective, from staff induction, through operations and HSES training, to developmental training.
• To play an active role in the Global Training Working Group, taking on and delivering specific agreed actions for the development of training in Air BP worldwide.
• To provide training to TSA customers and other third parties in line with our contractual commitments and SPA requests.
• To maintain an up-to-date library of Air BP training videos and other materials and ensure these are available at all locations.
• To maintain an up-to-date induction pack and to monitor the delivery of the induction training to ensure all newly recruited staff receives training in accordance with the induction pack.
• To maintain a detailed database of the training which all staff have undertaken, including all off-the-job training, and to ensure that staff attend refresher as and when required, in line with the agreed retraining period for each training course.
• To produce an annual training calendar for the asset and TSA partners showing delivery timeline of all HSES, Operations, non-operational and developmental training courses
• To work with and support ATMs and others in the development and implementation of site specific Task Breakdowns.
• To link with HR on training and development of MENA staff.
• To lead or participate in Root Cause Investigations as required.
• To assist, develop and deliver a standard induction and HSES training pack for contractors.
• To provide support establishing constructive relationships with other stakeholders in the business such as Airport Authorities, airlines, etc.
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Essential experience and job requirements
• A minimum of 5 years in the Aviation Department (Installation and Airports)
• At least 2 years should be working as Site Aviation Supervisor or equivalent level.
• Experience of fuel farm operation and maintenance, aircraft refuelling, fuel quality control, airside operations and technical Knowledge in Fixed and Mobile Plant
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
In order to carry out the job effectively, the Post Holder will need to develop co-operative relationships with a variety of other stakeholders, particularly the Airport and Terminal Managers and Head Office based operational, technical and engineering staff. The Post Holder will require excellent personal and communication skills in order to be effective in this role.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Knowledge of contractor control and standard control of work practices
• Arabic - Preferable
• English Fluent
• Good written English
• Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Office
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas / Petroleum
Functional Area :
Training / Learning