Are you ready to be a Bar Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Located in the business and leisure hub of the city, InterContinental Regency Bahrain offers its guests the perfect location from where to explore the exciting face of Manama.
The hotel offers 321 spacious rooms including 3 Club floors and 31 luxurious suites. Each room is designed to meet the needs and the expectations of the modern traveler.
From sophisticated dining experiences to a taste of traditional romance, InterContinental Regency Bahrain offers its guest new tastes and unique gourmet treats. With a wide selection of dining options ranging from international, Italian, steakhouse and lounges, InterContinental Regency Bahrain promises to delight your palate.
Your day to day
Duties and responsibilities
• Under the assistance of Director of Food & Beverage / F&B Manager to achieve the budget by monitoring and controlling the departmental operations, considering revenue and expenditure in terms of Beverage
• Carry out Promotions Calendar for F&B products and cascade the information to all guest in restaurant along with the rest of the team
• Control of the Beverage stock on a daily basis
• Makes sure that all beverage recipes are standardized and followed
• Reports complaints and comments to Head Bartender.
• Train waiter staff for bar standards and serving guests
• Communicate effectively with peers and customers.
• Participates in training sessions and meetings when required.
• Ensure staff is properly trained in quality and service standards for the bar Operation
• Promote teamwork and quality service
• Maintain a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation.
• Regularly communicate with staff to maintain good relation
• Mixes and prepares alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
• Serves guests at the counter and dispenses to Bar Waiters.
• Promotes and maintains good public relations with guests patronizing the Bar.
• Observes guests to fulfil additional requests and regulate extra revenue.
• Ensure the bar is ready to receive guests prior to opening and that both wait staff and tables are ready in line with opening standards
• Maintaining impeccable uniform and personal presentation standards in accordance with hotel policy
• Being attentive to guest requests
• Be attentive to guests and resolve their complaints where possible, reporting all incidents to your F&B Manager.
• Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
• Interact with guests to ensure expectations are being met.
• Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including:
• Being attentive to Guests
• Accurately and promptly fulfilling Guests requests
• Anticipate Guests needs
• Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the Guest experience
• Appreciate the dynamic nature of the Hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal guests
• Keeps all bar equipment s, set-ups and displays clean and tidy.
• Make sure glasses are washed, dry and that their replenishment are in accordance with flow of business.
• Reports defective equipment, health and safety hazards.
• Should be familiar with hotel fire and emergency procedures.
• Ensure bar operating equipment is clean and in working order
• Maintain responsibility of cleanliness of all menus and drink menus and the bar area
• Carry food and beverage trays in a safe manner to minimize breakages
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ensure that all the policies of the F&B management are followed in the operation
What we need from you
The Bar Manager will assist the effective operation of the guest to ensure guest service is at its best. He/She is co responsible for maximizing effective teamwork and development, serving all food and beverage as required by hotel brand standards and maintaining overall levels of courtesy, service and cleanliness in the bar area.
Requirements include acceptable experience in the five stars hotel Restaurant's operation in a high level hotels operations role and good communication skills
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Moving about the facilities
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Handling food, objects, products and utensils
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and giving training
• Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include, accommodation, uniform and free meals on duty. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
Find out more about working in Bahrain here:
Join IHG Careers Bahrain