Our reputed client, a Government Oil and Gas Company is looking forward to recruit for the position of "Barge Engine er in Abu Dhabi; UAE.
Rotation Cycle: 28days on & 28 days off (Food and accommodation available during on days at work site and ticket to home country will be provided during field break)
Location: Abu Dhabi - Offshore
• Supervises the activities of assigned personnel on assigned offshore drilling rig. Performs supervisory functions at the level established by management for the position.
• Achieves correct rig loading to ensure that daily working variables are within design limits for safe operation of the barge by calculating load distribution and arranging re-distribution of all variable loads to achieve even loading.
• Calculates leg reaction and leg motor torque necessary to hold correct position and establishes centre of gravity to required safe parameters. Ensures adequate supplies of fuel and water and incorporates weight of the same into calculations. Ensures that leg reaction is less than pre-load reaction and monitors rig levels on a daily basis.
• Liases with Manager (Rig), Mechanic and Electrician to ensure incorporation of maintenance/repair work carried out under their direction in the classification log showing major/minor work undertaken together with date, type and description of work undertaken. Prepares for classification survey to prove the sea-worthiness of the rig. (This record also indicates recurring faults and due maintenance/replacement date of parts and machinery).
• Co-ordinates and monitors all preventive maintenance activity on an assigned rig and ensures the timely execution of such maintenance on barge machinery, electrical and drilling equipment. Maintains accurate records of preventive Maintenance tasks performed. Maintains associated files and equipment history in order that full and accurate historical information on specific equipment can be quickly located and accessed.
• Supervises and participates in various inspection activities in accordance with Company and statutory requirements. Includes hoisting/lifting appliances, loading testing, vessel inspection, relief valves inspection, classification related inspections, i.e. annual hull surveys, annual load line inspection and dry docking surveys. Maintains proper records for all classes of certification including drilling, maintenance and pressure related equipment. Directs fire-fighting activities on the rig in the event of a fire until directed otherwise.
• Supervises and arranges for the preparation of rig moves. Includes preparing stability sheet for jacking, floating and pre-load calculation ensuring compliance with Rig Move Preparation check list, i.e. skid substructure to centre line and skid cantilever to forward. Checks elevating motors as required, brake air gap, cranes and loose items on deck are located in accordance with good seamanship practices, close hatches, towing bridle, anchor winches and pre-load valves are in order; ensuring that sounding of all tanks is carried out regularly while afloat. Tours rig regularly at all times, identifying any necessary work to be undertaken.
• Supervises and directs the loading/unloading and movement of all cargo on assigned rig. Includes supervising and participating in crane operations to ensure safe handling of materials, equipment, pipes and other bulky items aboard, personally operating crane to move/load/unload critical items, as required to ensure security of such lifts. Co-ordinates crane support for the drill floor. Ensures that all cranes are in good working order and operated as per manufacturers' stated limits and conditions.
Minimum Requirements :
B.Sc. in Marine Engineering or equivalent.
6 years' related experience preferably on rigs
Good knowledge of spoken and written English.
Must be computer literate
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas / Petroleum
Functional Area :