At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we ve got on property and off. When guests stay with us, it s not just a room with a bed that they re buying. It s an experience. We re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
Prepare and service beverages for servers and guests in a speedy, efficient, friendly, and professional manner. Ensure that the coffee bar is set and maintained so that the link staff has everything it needs to run an effective operation, as well as maintaining the cleanliness of the outlet, running food, and set-up and breakdown of the bar.
- To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all guests at all times
- Manage cultural needs and expectations of guests
- Upselling and identification of additional revenue opportunities
- Maintain and adhere to billing policies and procedures
- Punctual attendance to each shift
- Maintain positive teamwork spirit at all times
- Accurate and timely delivery of orders to guests
- Assist Assistant Venue Managers in training new team members
- Assistance in overcoming logistic issues in serving a timely beverage product in acceptable quantity, presentation and consistency
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Previous experience as Barista is required;
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace;
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process;
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to dialogue informally and effectively with all co-workers, in one-on-one or small group settings, through clear articulation of ideas and active listening;
- Basic knowledge of hotel food and beverage operations;
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.