JOB SUMMARY: Leads are responsible for the supervision of all Operators performing blasting, priming and coating applications on line pipes, drill pipes, tubing, casing and custom pieces as directed; in accordance with NOV Tuboscope Standard Operating Procedures. Leads are responsible for detecting and correcting all problems that may occur during the application cycles. Leads are responsible for training all operators under their direct supervision. Leads are responsible for the safety of all employees. Leads are expected to ensure that orders are completed properly, on time and within budget.
- Function as the Shift Lead for the Pre-inspection, Thermal clean and Blast Stations.
- Inform the Shift Supervisor or his designee of any disturbance or irregularities in the production flow occurs.
- Records Daily Production Reports, Quality Assurance/Control Reports and all necessary Reports regarding operation.
- Check, Supervise and Coordinate the Coating plant activities and resources.
- Train all employees on the use of machinery and work instructions.
- Check aluminum oxide daily to insure proper storage conditions and use of oldest first. Report stock level to Superintendent.
- Check calibration of dry film thickness gauges daily and record results.
- Check the blasting, coating, coupling coating and final products to assure they have been applied as per Company guidelines.
- Plan and order materials from the warehouse as needed.
- Enforce Company rules and policies understanding and application.
- Assure SOPs, HSEMS, QMS and all other Company policies and guidelines understood and applied.
- Perform other duties that maybe assigned by the Plant Manager or his designee.
FACILITY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Supervise operators responsible for blasting a near white finish prior to applying a layer or layers of prime or coating to a product to protect it from the elements and/or corrosion.
- Perform all assignments, duties, and tasks in a safe manner following standard procedures and practices. Encourage others to do so. Correct and/or report all unsafe conditions immediately.
- Complete responsibility for Blasting machine operations.
- Train and direct 4-6 operators to set up, operate, and monitor Blasting machine equipment.
- Order and verify materials per work order; verify set up of equipment per work order
- Run orders per work instructions, product specifications and standard practices.
- Accurately capture and record necessary operating data.
- Perform duties to continuously improve quality and productivity.
- Maintain a safe, clean work area.
- Follow all appropriate procedures for the accumulation, labeling, on-site transportation, storage, and inspection of materials designated as hazardous waste per Environmental Control instructions.
- Assist in equipment maintenance activities as directed.
- Communicate and coordinate necessary information to appropriate department/shift employees to ensure effective operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Plant Foreman and/or Plant Superintendent.
- Mechanical and Operational aptitude as demonstrated by prior experience.
- Flexible, able to accept and respond to multi-task assignments quickly and readily.
- Motivated towards productivity improvements, quality consciousness and safety awareness.
- Ability to think ahead, anticipates problems, make decisions, and take appropriate action.
- Effective leadership style and ability to use appropriate interpersonal skills to guide individuals/groups towards task accomplishment.
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment and manage subordinates.
- Must have overall excellent work record and capability to perform under pressure.
- Must be available to work Day and/or Night Shifts as required and/or assigned.
- Demonstrated capability and willingness to work overtime as necessary and when needed.
- Standard work week is 60 hours; possible overtime up to 72 hours per week.
- Certification in Abrasive Blast, Prime and Coating Applications; plus, Final Inspection.
- 5 to 7 year of related experience desirable.
- Prior Abrasive Blast and Coating Experience desirable; Certification preferred.
- High school diploma required; Technical School / College preferred.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Computer Skills - Basic Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Excellent English Language Skills (Reading, Writing and Speaking) required.