At Careem, our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and to become a world-class institution from the region. Underpinning this ambition is the need to build strong brand equity for the Careem of the future and this is where you will make a difference! We have a fundamental belief that people hold the key to our success.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alumni, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 15 countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Join us in building a world-class institution in the Middle East and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company whilst improving the lives of those in the region.
As a key member of the Careem brand activation team, you will be responsible for executing brand calendar across all our markets, landing powerful, locally relevant campaigns that meaningfully drive our brand equity and growth objectives.
Leading Execution of campaigns, Agencies relations, and project managing Regional Projects.
The role reports into the Captain Brand Manager Activations
• Key member of the Brand Activation team, supporting the implementation of local Marketing Calendars for Captain initiatives.
• Support the Captain Brand Manager on implementation of world-class brand campaigns, working closely with the brand planning team on executing communication platforms and integrated captain marketing across the region.
• Support with the execution of local marketing projects and regional partnership activations, ensuring clarity in strategy, planning and execution.
• Responsible for ensuring regional and local markets maintain exceptional brand standards in their activations and content production.
• Generate interesting and brand-relevant content ideas through, social media, digital and offline activations.
• Assist with logistic implementation of events and special marketing initiatives
• Builds partnerships with the broader Careem marketing community to share ideas and leverage best practices and successes across the region.
• Supports and manages implementations of creatives briefs with internal and external stakeholders.
• Coordinates digital content production with local markets and regional stakeholders to continuously improve funnel conversions.
• Support and coordinate campaign reporting.
Key Performance Indicators
• Ability to project manage multiple tasks.
• Agile delivery of ad-hoc brand support to a high standard against accelerated timelines.
• Campaign performance and content quality.
• Demonstrate the consistent modelling of both brand stewardship and collaborative behaviors to deliver the above.
• Undergraduate degree in Business / Marketing
• 2+ years cutting edge brand marketing experience gained ideally client slide, or in the account team of an exceptional agency
• An integrated marketing mind-set with experience in brand and marketing, and an excellent understanding of the interplay offline and online, and between paid, earned and owned channels in the marketing mix.
• Experience in managing multi-country stakeholder and agency relationships
• Strong project management skills, attention to detail and communication skills
• Excellent writing skills and a keen visual sense. An eye for detail and a quick wit.
• Tenacity and resilience in delivering results and overcoming obstacles
• A track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional relationships.
• High energy with an outgoing, social personality you will love talking to people
• Skills with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) would be a bonus but not essential.
• Fluency in English is a given, language skills relevant to the region are a bonus.
Industry Type :
Logistics / Transportation / Warehousing / Courier
Functional Area :
Sales / Business Development