The position is responsible for overall brand development and implementation for maximized sales and profit.
Strategize for brand penetration and positioning within the region to create brand image in the market..
Brand Growth and Profitability
• Maximize sales and profitability of brand stores in line with Company targets.
• Develop the brand launch strategy in consultation with the Brand General Manager.
• Control costs within budgetary guidelines for the brand stores.
• Maximize productivity in stores through effective deployment of resources at brand stores to ensure complete sell through as per brand product, style and assortment plans.
• Review feedback from territories on Brand acceptance and customer expectations.
• Ensure adherence to financial plan in all key areas sales, markdowns, margin and average inventory.
• Create the brand positioning in consultation with the Marketing team and Brand Principal / Brand General Manager.
• Involve in recruitment and training of team members.
Brand Merchandise Planning and Product Selection
• Study merchandise requirements for assigned brand by setting sourcing triggers based on actual sales, sales forecasts, company order parameters, inventory checks, forth coming events, replenishment needs.
• Design the merchandise plan (pricing, promotion, assortment etc.) with the team for timely availability of stocks at the stores.
• Determine buying requirements and formulate buying plan and budget.
• Conduct product selection in coordination with the buying requirements and the product research received.
• Ensure effective in-season management across territories (stock balancing, markdown management, stock analysis, stock vs. sales performance).
• Create brand awareness Club Apparel .
• Coordinate with Retail Operations to collate the feedback on retail and brand operations.
• Develop Strategy for Visual Merchandising at Stores and ensure implementation of the same.
Market and Competition Research
• Acquire market intelligence through various sources and analyze trends that may impact business.
• Research the brand acceptance within the region or any new territory and identify any inputs on brand customizations required.
• Map competition prices / products and provide qualitative inputs to business.
• Research and look at new sites for brand outlets and discuss the same with the Operations Manager and General Manager.
• Research on the latest trends in products, brands, styles, designs, fits etc.
Projects & Administration
• Evaluate the selected site on parameters like trade area, customer base, additional merchandising considerations and seek internal approvals.
• Co-ordinate for new store openings and re-fits with the operations and projects team.
• Ensure brand outlet locations are in line with the brand strategy and positioning.
• Ensure adherence to the store opening plan.
• Post-graduate qualification or MBA.
• Strong communication skills
• Maintain good relationships with colleagues and external contacts
• Hands on attitude
• Analytical and ambitious
• Relationship management skills
• A strong focus on results
• A high degree of business acumen