At Careem, our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an
organisation that inspires and to become a world-class institution from the region.
Underpinning this ambition is the need to build strong brand equity for the Careem of the future and this is where you will make a difference! We have a fundamental belief that people hold the key to our success.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alumni, Careem is the
MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30%
monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 15 countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Careem s storytellers set the brand tone. The brand and marketing team are a
creative group of specialists who tell Careem s stories of purpose and aspiration
through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product placement.
Using channels ranging from outdoor to social media, the brand and marketing
teams connect the mission and sole of Careem s vision to the hearts and minds of customers and captains around the region.
As a key member of the Careem brand team, you will be responsible for managing Careem s brand campaigns, focusing on establishing best in class strategic thinking to excel brand love, trust, affinity and aspiration.
The role reports into the Senior Brand Manager - Planning
• Key member of the Brand team, managing the basecamp brand campaigns across customers, captains and colleagues.
• Leverage market intelligence and consumer insights to craft audience, creative, and campaign strategies.
• Design, create, and examine research and guide Careem s positioning in the market through brand planning.
• Responsible for supporting the planning of world-class brand campaigns,
• working closely with cross-functional teams such as communications, growth,product, strategy, insights, brand activation team and country leads.
• Manage the Careem brand calendar and work closely with media planners and partners to drive continuous improvements to the marketing channel strategies.
• Turn business needs into clear and inspiring creative briefs.
• Identify opportunities within the organisation to influence product and experience design that reinforce brand positioning and messaging.
• Conduct and disseminate regular post campaigns reviews, including results, lessons learned and best practices to global and local brand work.
• Act as global hub for all brand strategy teams, developing practices that can be leveraged across the region.
• Builds strong and collaborative partnerships both within Dubai Basecamp and local marketing teams across our cities and countries.
• Provides support at all levels (strategic, creative, analytical, coordination) for ad-hoc and non-calendar based brand activities.
Key Performance Indicators
• Ability to unlock market complexities into insightful and focused brand strategies that have a clear bridge into creative and marketing.
• Wide-spread adoption of brand plans and campaign across markets and cities driving marketing efficiencies
• Inspire big picture thinking, unifying team members and brand marketing initiatives around core brand objectives and strategic goals.
• Consistent modelling of both brand stewardship and collaborative behaviours to deliver the above
• Undergraduate degree in Business / Marketing
• 3-5 years cutting edge brand marketing experience gained ideally client slide, or in the account team of an exceptional agency
• Self-driven. Outstanding organizational skills; integrity and great follow
• through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily and prioritize with skill.
• You will have experience in leading innovative initiatives that meet and exceed business and financial goals; critical thinking, excellent analysis, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong functional marketing experience across the marketing mix (deep digital nous is critical) of particular relevance is a great track record of working across complex multi-country brand campaigns to drive brand growth.
• Along with this deep campaign experience we re looking for that x-factor combination of creativity, strategic thinking & passion for brand building.
• You will have an appreciation for data and an ability to interpret information to help determine essential segmentation and behavior patterns to drive brand stories.
• Highly skilled presenter, communicator & writer, with exceptional collaboration skills, influencing across markets & cultures to land campaigns.
• Experience in managing multi-country agency relationships.
• Tenacity and resilience in delivering results and overcoming obstacles.
• Fluency in English is a given, language skills relevant to the region are a bonus.
• In addition to exceptional discipline expertise and being highly detail-oriented, the successful candidate will be a thinker, a do-er, a go-getter and will
express an sleepless passion for creativity, and humour.
Industry Type :
Logistics / Transportation / Warehousing / Courier
Functional Area :
Marketing / Brand Management / Marketing Research / Digital Marketing