Responsible for the management and development of a portfolio of major development projects that deliver the DUR’s properties, regeneration and strategic development objectives.
· To prepare and execute on the annual strategic business plan for each property including preparation of acquisition / disposition opportunity, objectives, sales and leasing objectives, operating budgets and capital renovation projects.
· To prepare, manage and keep all operating budgets for all DUR's properties; Hotels.
· To manage the day to day property management and maintenance staff, while also mentoring a team of leasing, maintenance and security staff.
· To develop a complete understanding of the hospitality market in which portfolio assets are located – current buildings and future projects included.
· To develop and implement sales, leasing and repositioning strategies including marketing and advertising plans and tenant relations initiatives in both “up” and “down” markets.
· To review and recommend for approval / disapproval / change all property specific sales and leasing materials.
· To work with DUR's investment department as and when necessary on potential asset purchases in overseas / local markets.
· To complete annual valuations and quarterly reports for the properties.
· To maintain properties in good order and condition through the use of out-sourced contractors and in-house maintenance and cleaning staff, depending upon the property.
· To prepare and maintain preventive maintenance service contracts with assistance from property maintenance manager.
· To support the sales and leasing staff in company’s efforts to successfully attract tenants.
· To be responsible for monthly reports for each property, giving detailed analysis of the financial and physical aspects of the property.
· To perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in related field; MBA degree is desirable.
7-10 years of relevant experience.
Technical Expertise/Knowledge Required
· Strong leadership, influencing, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Being attentive to details.
· Communication and negotiation
· Stress management and problem solving
· Established network of Senior business contacts in the sales territory and positive reputation with customers and contacts.
· Highly proficient and knowledgeable on systems and processes utilized to manage the business.
· Willingness to accept responsibility and ownership, with strong ethics.
· Innovative, actively looking for solutions to problems, and a catalyst for change.