• Travelport. Redefining travel commerce!
Travelport is a leading travel commerce platform providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for the $7 trillion global travel and tourism industry. With a presence in over 170 countries, approximately 3,600 employees, we facilitate travel commerce by connecting the world's leading travel providers with online and offline travel buyers in a proprietary business to business travel marketplace
Travelport Worldwide Limited provides a travel commerce platform, which offers distribution, technology, payment, mobile and other solutions for the travel and tourism industry. The Company connects travel providers, such as airlines and hotel chains with online and offline travel agencies and other travel buyers in its business-to-business (B2B) travel commerce platform (its Travel Commerce Platform). It also provides a range of digital and mobile services that allow airlines, hotels, corporate travel management companies and travel agencies to engage with their customers through mobile services, including applications, corporate booking tools, mobile Web and mobile messaging.
Travelport s 2018 net revenue was over $2.55 Billion and is listed on the NYSE. The global head office is in Langley, UK where most of the Executive team are based.
Decades of innovation in travel and we re just getting started!
2. Role Description Business Development Manager (Hotel & Car), Middle East & Africa
The Digital Media Solutions team is part of the fast-growing Travelport Hospitality & Digital division within this organization. The main purpose of the team is to sell Travelport s advertising products, which enable travel suppliers to better market and promote their products to the travel agency community and end traveler.
The Role of the Business Development Manager (MEA) is to manage and aggressively grow Travelport s advertising and promotional product sales business. This role is for someone who poses a high level of energy, creativity and flexibility and likes a challenging dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will already be a successful sales person looking for their next challenge. A true go getter and order maker, this individual should have a solid track record for achieving, and often over achieving their sales goals. They would ideally have a working knowledge of online or advertising sales. Experience in selling to hotels will be a distinct added advantage. He/she will be good with consultative value selling approach and also comfortable with cold calling and proactively approaching existing and new customers to uncover and understand their advertising/promotional needs to create and sell the ideal campaign that delivers results.
The individual will be reporting directly into the Head of Digital Media International (Hotel & Car) based in the Travelport Head Office in Langley, UK.
3. Main Accountabilities:
• Sell, Travelport s various advertising and promotional products/services to existing and new customers within an assigned territory or customer group to achieve sales goals.
• Understand, compile and communicate clearly, key commercial and campaign metrics to the customer via the telephone, email and, as necessary, face-to-face meetings.
• Using various tools, create relevant, targeted advertising campaigns to present and sell the company s products and value proposition to potential customers to close the sale successfully.
• Strong aptitude for Data and Analytics to be able to offer relevant customer and market insight throughout the sales cycle.
• Manage and grow an initial base of customers from the assigned territories.
• Rapidly build a healthy pipeline of new sales opportunities across the assigned territories.
• Build strong internal communications and relationships across the Digital Media and wider Hospitality and Digital Teams. Leverage these relationships to capitalize on business synergies.
• Maintain a complete and accurate CRM for the purpose initiating renewal of sales at the appropriate time, to sell new products and services to existing customers as they become available, and to able to target customers to conduct sales promotions.
• Assist billing team, as necessary, in the collection of unpaid invoices.
• Strong internal communications and engagement to develop further commercial opportunities and open cross departmental synergies.
• Ability to learn quickly about new products and services and to be able to incorporate them into the portfolio of campaign solutions.
• Any other duties that may reasonably be required.
• Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
• A degree holder with at least 4-5 years proven track record in sales preferably from an advertising or online media background.
• Knowledge of the travel industry with experience in selling to hotel, car, and travel distribution companies across the Middle East is an advantage.
• Highly independent and result driven individual who is used to working to targets.
• Solution oriented with the ability to sell based on concepts and value proposition.
• An order maker (and not an order taker) who successfully follows up on sales leads and is comfortable with cold calling.
• Experience in building client relationships and managing existing customers to upsell, secure new business and revenue growth.
• Strong attention to details, customer focused, responsive, organized and a team player.
• Poses strong analytical skills and good aptitude for numbers to conduct business reviews and campaign reports.
• Ability to understand and work with diversified cultures across the region.
• Flexible to accommodate time zone difference and join calls (that may be out of the work hours) where necessary e.g. Global Team calls
• Exudes a professional attitude and Positive can do spirit at all times
• Accustomed to using Microsoft Office, CRM systems, and Data/BI tools.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Fluency in English is required with Arabic as a significant plus.