The Business Development Manager is responsible for the sale of fluid system components, solutions, and related services to business and industrial facilities as well as individuals within factories, plants, or other locations. This position is responsible for the growth and maintenance of assigned accounts in their target segment and is accountable for reaching sales targets and activity/task goals.
1. Grow sales at existing customers in assigned target segment by following up on transactional activity from daily business system reporting.
2. Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls as well as emails utilizing marketing data.
3. Understand customer needs and requirements, and provide quotes and technical assistance as needed.
4. Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest.
5. Manage end to end selling process ( including generating leads, identifying new business opportunities and expanding our products and service offerings) to build an optimal sales pipeline that will drive sales growth
6. Achieve annual sales targets established by the organization and execute business development/sales strategies as well as territorial plans
7. Understand business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability, Demonstrate knowledge of market and competition; Align work with strategic goals
8. Technical Skills; peruse training and development opportunities, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
9. Problem solving ability; identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
10. Project Management; develop project plans, coordinate projects, communicate change and progress, complete project on time and in budget, manage project team activities.
11. Customer service focused; Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; Solicit customer feedback to improve service. Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meet commitments.
12. Communication skills; speak clearly and persuasively, listen and get clarification, respond well to questions.
13. Teamwork; exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ view, give and welcome feedback.
14. Value alignment; integrity, respect, quality, customer focus, innovation, continues improvement.
15. Perform other related duties as required and assigned.