The business producer/presenter is a member of the business team responsible for all business content produced for Sky News Arabia. You will work under the direction of the Business Editor to create and shape our business coverage, present the business news, either individually or as part of a team. You will also be required to contribute to Sky News Arabia's business content online and on other digital platforms. Your mission will be to produce original and market-leading business news output while ensuring Sky News Arabia's editorial guidelines and values are adhered to. You will work predominately at Sky's Abu Dhabi Headquarters but may be required to travel across the Middle East and North Africa and internationally.
• Working under the direction of the Business Editor to produce distinctive and stylish business news coverage for Sky News Arabia's multiple content delivery platforms.
• Writing scripts for business programs and business bulletin, cutting pictures using a newsroom production system, finding guests, commissioning and writing graphics and other tasks as required.
• Anchors the channel's business news output, either alone or with a colleague, reading news items, conducting live interviews and presenting unscripted coverage of breaking news stories as required.
• Monitoring business news sources, including but not limited to the Reuters and Bloomberg business news platforms.
• Interacts with and interprets live business data while on air
• Undertakes interviewing and reporting duties in both recorded and live situations, in studio or on location.
• Mainly works in the studio, but may also be required to work on location either locally, in the Middle East and North Africa or internationally.
• May be required to work a shift pattern and unsocial hours to serve the needs of a 24 hour news organization.
• Liaising with production teams and executive producers to ensure that business coverage conforms with the desires and ambitions of those output teams.
• Ensuring Sky News Arabia's editorial guidelines and values are adhered to.
Key Skills, Experience and Education:
• An excellent business journalist with strong editorial judgment.
• Previous experience in a national or international broadcast news channel, or business newsroom.
• Experience of newsroom production systems and desktop editing.
• Obvious aptitude for or experience of presentation.
• Ability to understand data driven business graphics and market data, delivered on a proprietorial business data platform such as Reuters.
• Experience of iNews and desktop editing software an advantage.
• Experience of or appreciation of the benefits and difficulties of cross-platform working.
• Evidence of a deep awareness of business and economic news, custom and practice, both within the MENA region and globally.