Procures pharmaceuticals and drugs by contacting suppliers. Searches for alternative brands, obtains quotations and negotiates for maximum price discounts, after receiving requisitions through Oracle System Purchasing Application.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Reviews notification and auto create screens on Oracle to accept/reject requisitions under his/her responsibility by verifying completeness, i.e. item description, strength, catalogue number, manufacturer or other descriptive details.
2. Analyses item history to verify specific details, i.e. drug strength, brand name, local/international source, price, etc.
3. Prepares request for quotations to meet the purchasing category or user requirement through Oracle Purchasing Application.
4. Initiates/creates Purchase Order after evaluating quotations with guarantee that item details, quantity, price and terms & conditions conform to quotation/requisition and price history .
5. Prints/reviews Purchase Order on official Hospital pre-printed Purchase Order Form and organizes the P.O. file under the guidelines of related policies .
6. Coordinates with Director, Pharmaceutical Care or with healthcare professional staff prior to procuring substitutes/alternatives, radioactive/controlled drugs, or pharmaceuticals/laboratory items, under the guidelines of related procedures.
7. Plans vendor visits to discuss products, delivery and discounts.
8. Reports to the Supervisor any work-related problems or issues.
9. Responsible for ensuring best possible prices while purchasing all the hospital's requirements.
10. Prepares performance reports (Delivery Time Variance, Quality Variance, Quantity Received Variance) and forwards them to the Manager, Purchasing for analysis and evaluation.
11. Follows all Hospital and department policies and procedures.
12. Participates in self and other's education, training and development , as applicable .
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy is required.
Two (2) year of related experience is required.
Saudi Nationals only.