To generate high quality, gender sensitive offline and online campaigning activities and products for Oxfam in Jordan s Solid Waste Management (SWM) programme, including its humanitarian work on the Syria refugee crisis. To lead, help design and help deliver strategic campaigns and influencing for Oxfam s work on water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) and support fundraising needs. Specifically, this job will be within the WASH program team, in close coordination with the Influencing team to support policy and behavioural positive changes in regard to solid waste management and recycling for conflict-affected and vulnerable communities in Jordan, in coordination with local partners and program staff.
according to community, organisation, and donor needs.
Our role will require a range of skills and experience.
• Minimum of three years experience working in Jordan s aid environment, either as a campaigner or communication or policy officer, with a proven record of generating awareness raising and communication materials
• Experience working on campaigns, social activism and communication for an NGO or in the journalism sector
• Experience managing and synthesizing large amounts of complex information, and ability to summarise and make sense of it quickly
• High level of verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on a clear and direct, easy to read written style for external publication.
• Experience in collecting human interest case studies, including photography and basic filming skills
• Experience managing social media accounts in a strategic way.
• Experience in dealing with external consultants for the development of media and communications products
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships and work in complex teams/groups including working in matrix management settings.
• Ability to work creatively, effectively and in an innovative manner and to identify and develop new ways to use campaigning in Jordan to further Oxfam s influencing objectives
• Project management skills, high level of organisation and planning skills, understanding how to plan and implement a strategy and capable of working independently as well as in large groups and meeting tight and fast-moving deadlines
• Good knowledge of traditional and social media, knowledge management, internal information sharing systems, and of the relevant communications environment and programme context
• Knowledge of the social and mainstream media landscape in Jordan
• Understanding of government landscape and environmental sector in Jordan
• Solid understanding of cultural campaigning contexts in the region
• Fluency in written and spoken and English. Excellent proficiency in professional Arabic
• University degree in Political Science, Social Work and/or Communications, Sustainable Development, International Development, Environmental Management or related field
• Good analytical and conceptual thinking skills with good strategic perspective, able to understand complex issues and information from different sources and present this clearly and simply
• Basic knowledge of website development
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities
• Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work
• Commitment to Oxfam s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible
• Accountability Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions
• Empowerment Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen
• Inclusiveness We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences
Contract Length : One year, renewable.
Benefits : Oxfam offers staff a comprehensive benefits package including annual leave entitlements, sick pay provision, medical cover plus opportunities for learning and development, part-time option, flexible working hours.
It is Oxfam s policy to hire at the minimum to middle of the band, depending upon the skills and experiences of the strongest candidate.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
To view the full job description please download the attached document.