The specialist works in a team setting and is accountable to the Consultant, Section Head and/or Department Chair. The Specialist acts under the guidance of the Consultant in the provision of clinical service and supports the Consultant in their duties. The specialist participates in the management of patients to the extent of his/her delineation of privileges.
Research is a key and integral component to the Corporation s Strategic aim to become an Academic Health System. The post holder must be able to contribute and support on delivering an integrated strategic vision and planning for Clinical, Research, Education and training which improves the quality of patient care.
The specialist is responsible for organizing, monitoring and maintaining the services provided within the department in order to achieve the highest possible level of patient care with optimum utilization of the available resources.
1. Adheres to policies, guidelines, plans and programs.
2. Performs all duties assigned to a specialist physician
3. Acquires SCH License to practice and maintains it while working for the medical group.
4. Completes and maintains his set of clinical privileges.
5. Performs all relevant patient-care clinical interventions related to his/her field of specialization to the extent of his/her delineation of privileges.
6. Makes daily rounds for inpatients in the department and evaluates patient care-related activities as assigned by the consultant and/or chairperson of the department.
7. Provides care to old and new patients in the specialized clinics as assigned by the consultant, and presents new cases, when required, to the consultant
8. Performs on-call duties as assigned by his/her supervisors.
9. Provides guidance, counsel and consultation to other departments when requested.
10. Confers and discusses patient progress reports and any concerns related to management of patient with the consultant attending the patient.
11. Writes, completes and approves medical records and reports for patients, including but not limited to history and physical, progress notes, operative report, consultation note, transfer summary, discharge summary, death summary, etc.
12. Carries out practical training, academic responsibilities and scientific research as directed by the department head/chairperson.
13. Participates in health education programs through orientation and scientific presentations.
14. Assumes supervisory responsibility for the performance of his/her subordinates in the assigned department or service.
15. Performs other duties as assigned/directed by the Consultant/Section Head/Department Chair and approved by the Medical Director.
16. Ensure self and member of the Investigation Team are properly trained. Compile with the policies systems and processes in place that governs research.
17. Ensure patients are aware of their rights and responsibilities.
Global Medical Recruiting is one of the Middle East's leading medical staffing suppliers to a wide range of hospitals and clinics in Middle-Eastern countries such as Qatar, UAE, Saudi-Arabia, Oman etc. We have access to a large client base and thereby have access to a large number of open vacancies making it easier for you to secure your ideal job faster.
We have successfully undertaken hundreds of assignments and successfully placed medical personnel from all around the world at Middle Eastern hospitals. Our recruitment services are paid by our clients the employers and you the applicant will NEVER be asked to pay recruitment fees to us.
Global Medical Recruiting's dynamic and professional team will assist you in the following:
1. Creating a CV according to the requirements of Middle Eastern hospitals.
2. Submitting your CV to different hospitals/clinics in Middle Eastern countries of your choice.
3. Scheduling of a face to face/SKYPE/telephone interview with hospital management on request from the hospital .
4. Assist you in offer of employment and submission of documents required by hospitals.
5. Assist you with Verification / Credentialing (Clinical Staff) and all recruitment requirements.
6. Liaise with the employer regarding issuing of your entry visa into the country.
7. Booking of your flight and meet & greet at the airport.
Living and Working in Qatar:
Qatar is a land of fascinating contrasts. Endless stretches of desert flank modern towns; sleek four-wheel-drive Land Cruisers share the desert roads with lumbering camels; and sophisticated malls exist side-by-side with the traditional souks (traditional Arab open-air marketplaces).
Surrounded by clear, shallow waters on three coasts, Qatar has, as neighbors, Saudi Arabia to the west and the United Arab Emirates to the southeast. Although Qatar is one of the smallest Arab states in the Gulf region, it has a big heart, huge ambitions, and reputation for hospitality that reaches far beyond its borders. Doha has managed to transform itself into a modern city without losing its traditional heritage.
Qatar is rich in oil and gas reserves and has one of the world s highest GDP per capita incomes. The state reinvests much of this wealth in the development of its health education sectors, acknowledging that the country s greatest resource is its people. Qatar may be one of the safest places you will ever visit. The crime rate is extremely low and it is safe to walk out alone, even at night, or to take taxis or buses. You will find residents more than willing to offer directions if you get lost. Qataris are proud of their heritage and the country s achievements, and will be delighted to explain their culture, traditions and history. Adding to Qatar s cultural fabric is the large population of expatriate residents; hence there is a rich multicultural and ethnic flavor in every aspect of daily life.
Sport has played an increasingly important role in Qatar s development, which is bolstered by the number of prestigious international events held annually in the country. The 15th Asian Games Doha 2006 was the largest multi-sport event ever hosted in the region so far. Other notable sports events that have taken place in Qatar are the 2011 AFC Asian Cup Finals, and the Qatar Ladies Tennis Open and Mens Tennis Open are annual events, as is cycling's Tour of Qatar. On December 2nd, 2012, Qatar won its bid to host the 2022 World Cup.
Industry Type :
Medical / Healthcare / Diagnostics / Medical Devices
Functional Area :
Doctor / Nurse / Paramedics / Hospital Technicians / Medical Research