Sharjah is the third largest city in the UAE and shares its border with Dubai and Ajman. It is the only emirate in the country that overlooks both the Gulf of Oman and the Persian Gulf. The distance between Sharjah city center and Dubai can be covered in 25 minutes long drive making travel convenient. Being strategically located between Europe and the Far East (which includes East Asia, the Russian Far East, and Southeast Asia), the city offers a gateway to some 160 countries. Its geographical location is one of the factors that encourage easy trade between the UAE and outside countries.
Overview of the Economy
Sharjah is considered to be one of the key contributors to the UAE’s economy. Over the years, the government has made significant efforts to promote Sharjah’s non-oil sectors. Hence, the emirate has earned the reputation of having a highly diversified economy in the UAE. The government’s efforts have also reflected positively on the employment prospects presented by the various sectors of the city making it one of the most sought-after job destinations in the UAE.
The city offers lucrative employment opportunities in sectors as diverse as real estate & business services; manufacturing; mining, and energy; education; healthcare; wholesale and retail trade; hospitality & tourism; and many more.
A Career in the Education Sector of Sharjah
Sharjah’s education sector is one of the most important sectors. Divided into Public and Private, the city’s education system has improved drastically over the years. What’s unique about the education system of Sharjah and the UAE is that different schools follow different curriculums. The various curriculums followed by the schools include:
– Arabic Curriculum
– Indian Curriculum
– British Curriculum
– American Curriculum
– Australian Curriculum
The basic requirements and educational qualifications essential for landing a teaching job in Sharjah are:
– Bachelor’s degree from a regionally or internationally accredited college/university
– A teaching license/certification from a recognized institution
– Minimum 2 years of teaching experience
The Scope of Teaching Jobs in Sharjah
There is no dearth of job opportunities in the teaching profession in Sharjah. Aspiring candidates can consider any of the following options depending upon their own qualifications and eligibility criteria of the employers.
1. Schools: Sharjah has numerous public and private schools catering to the education needs of the city. These schools offer lucrative employment opportunities especially to those looking to work as Primary Teachers and Middle School Teachers. Some of the popular schools include names likes Delta English School, Scholars International Academy, Victoria International School of Sharjah, etc.
2. Colleges / Universities: The city is home to some good colleges/universities of international repute. Students from all across the world now look forward to completing their college education in Sharjah. Therefore, the demand for professors has also increased. Universities and colleges such as American University of Sharjah, Etisalat University College, Westford School of Management, Skyline University College, etc. are good institutions to work with.
You can check job opening for Professors in Sharjah here.
3. Language Institutes: Language teaching is a popular choice for expats. Sharjah has a good number of language institutes as the demand for English-speaking professionals in the Emirate is increasing. Apart from English, people are also opting to learn other languages such as French, Spanish, German, etc. to expand their skill set.
You can check English Teaching Jobs in Sharjah here.
4. Private Tuitions: Parents nowadays want to pay extra attention to their children’s studies and look for teachers who can do the same. Hence, most school teachers take private lessons after school hours to meet the demands of such parents. This is also a good way to earn some extra income for teachers.
Compensation and Benefits Package
Apart from tax-free salary, the compensation package may also include benefits such as paid accommodation, 60 days of paid vacation, medical cover, gratuity and education for own children at a subsidized fee. Expat teachers are also provided annual return tickets to the home country. However, please note that salaries and compensation benefits vary from institution to institution. It also depends on the certification, education, and the number of years of experience one holds in the teaching field.
Language – Arabic
Population – 1.4 million (According to Sharjah Census 2015)
Currency – Arab Emirate Dirham (AED)
Climate – Hot Desert Climate
Major Religion – Islam
For Latest Teaching Opportunities in Sharjah, click here: https://www.naukrigulf.com/teaching-jobs-in-sharjah
For Latest Job Openings in Sharjah, click here: https://www.naukrigulf.com/jobs-in-sharjah
Image Source: Pixabay