Position: Case Manager (Child Protection)
Tahaddi is a Lebanese NGO established in 2008 whose aim is to respond to the challenges of extreme poverty by facilitating access to education, health and psychosocial support. Tahaddi principally works in Hay el Gharbeh , Southern Beirut with families facing extreme economic and social hardship. We operate a community-based primary care clinic and a non-formal education center for children who are denied access to formal education for social and/or economic reasons.
Tahaddi Lebanon is currently searching for a Case Manager to join their team.
Reports to: Psychosocial Center Director
Location: Southern Beirut (Hay El Gharbeh)
Work type: Fixed-term full-time (8:00 AM- 3:30 PM)
Manages child protection cases by assessing treatment needs; developing, monitoring, and evaluating treatment plans; and facilitating interdisciplinary approaches.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify individual cases through regular presence in the community and in close coordination with TEC and THC staff, as required;
• Evaluate referrals from other agencies and community partners, referring cases to other organizations for more specialized care when necessary;
• Conduct initial (rapid) assessments of child protection (CP) cases, prioritizing them according to risk level;
• Determine needs of the child and family by completing intake interviews, including legal, therapeutic, medical, psychosocial, and psychiatric evaluations;
• Manage cases with respect for confidentiality, and in accordance with national Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Tahaddi guidelines;
• Coordinate and provide social care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and child-centered;
• Handle case assignments, draft service plans, review case progress, and determine case closure;
• Record case information, accurately completing all necessary forms and producing statistical reports;
• Regularly monitor and support children and families through home visits, providing guidance, advice and emotional support, community mediation and referrals;
• Actively participate in weekly interdisciplinary meetings and assessments, sharing progress and obstacles with the psychosocial team;
• Regularly follow up to ensure all services and action points listed in the case plan are carried out within agreed timeframes. Ensure that progress is regularly reviewed;
• Regularly document cases using case notes and other agreed upon forms, update databases to ensure a comprehensive record of the case;
• Ensure that data collection and storage respect data protection protocols and confidentiality principle.
• BA in Social Work, MA is preferred.
• At least four years of experience in a protection case management position, preferably in a similar NGO context.
• Knowledge of the theoretical framework needed for working with children and families.
• Previous work experience in implementing child protection programs.
• Experience with Microsoft Office.
• Fluency in Arabic and English/French.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Respect for and adherence to Tahaddi s core values of justice, integrity, and compassion.