To receive and disburse money in the company by involving use of electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment, processing credit or debit transactions and validating checks.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Computes and records totals of transactions.
• Responsible and accountable for counting money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
• Responsible and accountable for issuing receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
• Receives payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
• Sorts, counts, and wraps currency and coins.
• Responsible and accountable for calculating total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total transactions.
• Compiles and maintains non-monetary reports and records.
• Responsible and accountable for keeping periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
• Pays company bills by cash, vouchers, or checks.
• Responsible and accountable for resolving customer complaints.
Key Performance Indicator's
• Total cash handled in a year
• Number of discrepancies in the transactions
• Average time taken to clear a transaction
• Proficiency in handling customers
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
• Ability to use mathematics to solve problems and easy on numbers
• Ability to talk to others to convey information effectively
• Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.