To assist in the general management and daily supervision of activities of the Country Division Merchandise function. Includes contributing to defining commercial strategy, effective implementation, negotiating with suppliers, pricing guidelines, etc
• Implementing the Department Strategy and Category plans, selecting brands and items, setting the prices, etc. for large department
• Setting targets and budgets for each commercial department in the Division for approval by the Division Manager
• Monitoring economic performance of the assigned commercial departments across store formats sales, gross margin, Profit & Loss and consistency with the Company
• Implementing Corporate policies, procedures and standards and recommending refinements taking into consideration Country needs for approval by the Division Manager and the Corporate Team
• Defining and maintaining the local assortment and integrating the basic assortment for the Department/Categories
• Pricing the items based on pricing guidelines and recommended prices for PL / imported items
• Identifying local promo products and pricing each item and submitting forecasting/relevant reordering information to replenishment
• Providing Corporate team with information regarding products needed characteristics, positioning, etc. and quantities for international and regional contracts
• Coordinating with other functions, Operations, Logistics and E&M as well as other areas in merchandise Private label, Promo, Display, etc.
• Selecting local suppliers, negotiating & purchasing in line with expected needs guided by with corporate guidelines and standards such as cost price, discounts, rebates, payments term discounts, etc.
• Reviewing and attending to/resolving any issues with local suppliers
• Ensuring timely input to Private Label development and Import purchases
• Contributing to the company Promotional activities as required
• Collecting market prices and conducting country price audits
• Acting in the place of the Division Manager during his/her absence
Desired Skills and Experience
• Leadership Coaching
• Developing Others
• Resilience and Flexibility
• Decision Making
• Fluency in English is Essential. Arabic is an advantage
• Bachelor s Degree in Business or related field.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in merchandising preferably for a leading retailer/FMCG sales experience