Chicago Meatpackers is opening it's doors on Palm Jumeirah in October 2018!nbsp
Inspired by the glory days of Chicago's Meatpacking district that was once dominated by livestock markets, slaughterhouses and freight trains! Chicago Meatpackers is place to get your crew together, kick back and enjoy fresh meats and honest drinks!
We're on the lookout for Chef De Parties and Commis Chefs to join our team and grow with us!nbsp
EXPERIENCE IN A STEAK/GRILL RESTAURANT IS A MUST!
The position has responsibilities and essential job functions including but are not limited to:
• Responsiblenbspfor section/station assigned
• Responsible for the preparation & plating of food according to approved recipes and product standards
• Well-versed in all areas of the kitchen, able to successfully fill-in as needed on any station and be very versatile and efficient
• Strong knowledge of meat cooking times and temperatures
• Working culinary knowledge of food preparations such as stocks, salad dressings, grilling, braising, sauces, etc.
• Obtains daily production schedule and preparation requirements from the Chef. Prepares items on production sheets following established quantities and recipes
• Operates and cleans equipment as per restaurant procedures after each use
• Stores foods in designated areas following standard wrapping, dating and food safety and rotation procedures
• Cleans, sanitises and maintains all assigned work areas, equipment and utensils to ensure hygiene standards are met
• Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment
• Performs other duties as assigned
In addition to the above, Chef De Partie positions will be responsible for organising shifts, overseeing commis chef's, training and development of commis chef's, stock keeping and inventory.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 2-5 years of culinary experience, depending upon formal degree or training
• Excellent culinary skills with an attention to detail
• Self motivated with the ability to work in a pressurised environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong command of the English language, additional languages would be an advantage