For more than 78 years, the USO a private, nonprofit organization has served the men and women of the U.S. military, and their families, throughout their time in uniform from the moment they join, through their deployments and as they transition back to their communities.
Today s USO continuously adapts to the needs of our men and women in uniform and their families, so they can focus on their very important mission. We operate USO centers at or near military installations across the United States and throughout the world, including in combat zones, and even un-staffed USO service sites in places too dangerous for anyone but combat troops to occupy.
The Center Programs Manager (SWA) is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day activities of a USO Center along with coordinating, implementing, managing and evaluating creative, fun and engaging USO programs, events and activities for one or more USO centers and expeditionary sites.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Duties)
• Ensure delivery of excellent customer service. Engage and interact with visitors.*
• Manage operations and programs during assigned shifts, including but not limited to, opening and/or closing, managing assets, complying with all policies and procedures and following safety and security protocols.*
• Supervise and manage the planning, delivery and evaluation of USO programs, activities and events located on US military installations and at expeditionary sites.*
• Conduct periodic reviews of USO program and service needs within assigned area to include center programs, expeditionary programs, on-base outreach programs and the USO reading program. Research and recommend new programs and services based on results. Implement and oversee suggested and/or required changes.*
• In cooperation with key internal and external stakeholders, develop, improve and maintain working relationships with US Military, local community leadership and local media representatives to support successful program and service delivery within assigned area.*
• Coordinate with Regional and Center leadership, ensuring appropriate and adequate volume of volunteers and supplies are available for center operations, programs, events, and activities.*
• Act as a resource for USO Center staff and volunteers in planning and executing special and/or holiday events.
• Prepare, review and present reports, including but not limited to financial and after-action reports.
• Lead and mentor Duty Manager staff and volunteers. Coach and instruct Duty Managers (SWA) on how to plan and execute effective programs. Perform assigned duties in the absence of Center Manager.*
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Specifications - minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Behaviors necessary to perform the job successfully. Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
• Bachelor s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
• 3 - 5 years progressively responsible work experience in event management or marketing role. Relevant experience in a non-profit, military, multicultural and/or global organization preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to lead high-performing teams. Ability to achieve desired results while working collaboratively in a team environment.
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Ability to interact with USO Leadership, the general public and military audiences at a variety of levels with integrity and professionalism.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment related to controversial and/or culturally sensitive subjects. Ability to handle confidential information with tact and poise.
• Working knowledge of basic business and accounting functions including project management and budgeting.
• Demonstrated initiative/self-motivation, with the ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs.
• Proficiency using computers and electronics equipment. Working knowledge of various software, applications, and programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to obtain and maintain proper credentials necessary to access USO Center locations and facilities including but not limited to security, credit and/or background screening, SOFA status, valid driver s license.
• Must be a strong advocate of the USO s mission.
• This position is located in Camp Arifjan, Kuwait.
• Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration.