Our Client is looking for an Executive Chef who oversees the daily operations of the chain s central and sub kitchens. This may include hiring, training and overseeing kitchen staff, and ensuring a high-quality, cost-effective product.
Ultimately, the candidate will lead the Company s central kitchen, portioning, sub kitchen operations and training to ensure consistency and controlled cost.
• Ensuring promptness, freshness and quality of dishes.
• Standardizing recipes and portions
• Coordinating cooks' tasks.
• Implementing hygiene policies and examining equipment for cleanliness.
• Designing new recipes, planning menus and selecting plate presentation.
• Reviewing staffing levels to meet service, operational and financial objectives.
• Hiring and training kitchen staff, such as cooks, food preparation workers and dishwashers.
• Performing administrative tasks, taking stock of food and equipment supplies, and doing purchase orders.
• Setting and monitoring performance standards for staff.
• Obtaining feedback on food and service quality, and handling customer problems and complaints.
• 2+ years culinary education.
• 5+ years experience in similar position.
• Advanced knowledge of food profession principles and practices.
• Proficient knowledge of human resources management.
• Excellent knowledge of ordering and inventory.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Available to work on call, shifts, after hours, over weekends and on public holidays.
• Ability to travel and adapt to a multi cultural environment.