Working together with a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering new clients in our growing territories. You are the primary point-of-contact for major accounts and are accountable for delivering at above quota sales performance in your region. You are motivated by a hunger to solve critically difficult challenges that face our clients. You develop trusted relationships at a high executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the partnership. This means that you have a concrete understanding of our product suites, and are able to help identify areas that can be resolved by Palo Alto Networks solutions.
You will lead in identifying and signing appropriate channel partners as well as training them on our solutions. Additionally, your credibility will guide your customers in their search to transition to a more secure online environment. You feel empowered by our product offerings and love a technical challenge.
• Develop and maintain detailed account profiles including organizational charts for all accounts to be reviewed by management on a quarterly basis
• Facilitate communication on strategic and tactical issues facing our clients and partners
• Maintain continuity and up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments, and governmental regulations that affect target markets
• Develop market strategies and goals for each product and service; understand the strategies, goals, and objectives of accounts
• Lead coordinating account strategy and tactics for sales support team (inside sales, systems engineering, sales management)
• Take full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process
• Extensive domestic travel and possible International travel as necessary
• Exceeding sales quota as a Major or Large Account Manager, Channel Account Manager, or Territory Account Manager for a multinational company
• IT sales experience as a direct contributor
• Deep understanding of channel partners and a channel-centric go to market approach
• Knowledgeable in Complex Solution Sales methodology
• Have sold network infrastructure-based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
• Practical knowledge of routing and switching products installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
• In-depth knowledge of how specific industries might leverage security solutions
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn t committed to your success with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfilment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyber threats.
About Palo Alto Networks Inc.
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren t easy goals to accomplish but we re not here for easy. We re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.