Charles Taylor- Marine Surveyor- Competitive Salary- Dubai
Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. Charles Taylor Adjusting is one of the leading international loss adjusting businesses. We focus on commercial losses and claims in the aviation, energy, marine, property, casualty and special risk markets, many of which are large and complex in nature. These include onshore and offshore energy claims, maritime casualties, aircraft losses, large infrastructure claims and financial lines losses. We have an opportunity for a Marine Surveyor to work with CTA, Charles Taylor Insurance Services (CTIS) and Charles Taylor Management Services (CTMS) claims, and in the context of CTMS, underwriting personnel, as well as with external clients, providing technical advice regarding a variety of marine matters.
Key responsibilities will include:
• To conduct inspections of materials and equipment for ships and floating structures and report on the findings as required
• Perform ad-hoc consultancy and outsourcing jobs in the maritime field as per business requirements
• Audit on board ships and at client offices as require
• Carrying out desktop reviews.
• Providing technical advice.
• Producing reports as requested.
• Attending casualties wherever in the world they may occur.
• Preparing technical publications and other Technical Services related marketing material.
• Delivering training, forums and seminars regarding technical matters.
• Hold a Degree level qualification in Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture and/or an equivalent sea going qualification or relevant ship repairing experience.
• Experience of working in the Marine Industry, preferably from a seagoing background as a Chief Engineer.
• Investigation and negotiation skills.
• Ship surveying experience.
• Ability to prepare detailed technical reports and other written communication.
• Good IT skills in Excel, MS Word, Outlook.
• Experience of working in the insurance industry.
• Have obtained a Senior Sea-going Engineer s Certificate
Demonstrate and role model the Charles Taylor six Values by ensuring a Supportive Environment, upholding Excellence in People, focusing on Partnership with Clients, delivering High quality Work, promoting Group-wide Entrepreneurship and having an Appetite for Change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Charles Taylor we are proud to be an Inclusive Employer. We provide an environment of mutual respect with zero tolerance to discrimination of any kind regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital/ family status, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation. Our external partnerships and the dedicated work we do in promoting a transparent and fair recruitment and selection process all contribute to the successful, inclusive and diverse culture and environment which we are proud to be a part of at Charles Taylor.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and elgible to work in either Liverpool, Singapore or Dubai, then please do apply below.