Our Client a 5* Hotel based in Saudi Arabia is looking for Chef de Cuisine to join the Hotel team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in the supervision of all employees engage in each particular kitchen.
• Attends daily meetings with the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and all the other Senior Chefs regarding the updates for the day and review the list of things to do for maximum 2 days thereafter.
• Holds meeting with the colleagues in each particular kitchen to discuss what has been carried out in the Chef's meeting and some other issues.
• Establish culinary standards for the speciality of each kitchen which includes banqueting that caters to a number of guests.
• Plan menus and compile recipes for food tasting to be approved by Executive Chef and/or the Executive Sous Chef.
• Ensure that specific and accurate product specifications are used in writing the recipes, wherever possible, needs to use local and seasonal products available to make the dishes in the menus easily.
• Ensures quality of the fresh food products received in order to keep the quality of food we are serving to the guests.
• Inspect four times daily all food stores and refrigerated areas and suggest, where necessary, correct storage methods to comply with Health & Safety regulations as discussed further in this book
• Check any spoilage and ensure regular turnover of food items and inform the Executive Chef and/or the Executive Sous Chef.
• Check on a daily basis food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control.
• Conjunction with the Executive Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef, establish job methods and supervise on a regular basis, and correct if necessary, cooking standards to maintain a high quality of food and service on quality basis.
• During service periods, to personally run the hot plate and assist when needed and to ensure that the presentation as well as quality of the food is in accordance with the established standards.
• Checks the cleanliness and sanitation in each particular kitchen outlets. Liaise with the Chief Steward in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the All Day Dinning Kitchen, such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridges, to ensure a sufficient supply of crockery and cutlery for the service and the banqueting department.
• Plans the duty rosters on a weekly basis, ending every Fridays and to review on a daily basis with the Executive Chef /Executive Sous Chef accumulated overtime, lieu days and/or holidays even absenteeism.
• Report accidents and sickness in the Log Book and to report any such incidents to the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef on a daily basis.
• Report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef and to follow up and ensure the necessary work has been carried out.
• Conducts training and thorough briefing on the correct usage of Kitchen equipment and machinery and to check that this is carried out in the correct manner by all Kitchen colleagues.
• Ensures the personal hygiene of the colleague is up to the standard.
• Ensure that the daily log book is utilized, and complaints are immediately reported to the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
• Ensures that all points mentioned in the log-book has been carried out i.e. Mise en Place and other instructions to complete the operation
• Check daily function sheets.
• Maintain, record and follow-up documentation i.e. department forms, checklists for control purposes. These documents are kept on file at least one year.
• Assist the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef in interviewing and recruiting colleagues as required.
• Plan and implement effective skills training programmes in conjunction with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
• Maximize colleagues' productivity and morale and consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
• Hold a daily training session and keep records, which will be submitted to the Chef's Office for documentation purposes. Documents will be kept at least one year on their individual files.
• Develop standard recipes which allow all outlets/department to operate at an acceptable food cost.
• Maximize colleagues' productivity in order to minimize payroll costs.
• Monitor operating costs and take corrective action when necessary to reduce expenses
• Identify market needs and trends in terms of food for both hotel guests and the local Market.
• Monitor and conduct surveys and analyze the menus and products of competitive restaurant operations.
• Develop menus, buffets (where applicable) and "specials" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
• The above description is not to be regarded as thorough, neither a complete or comprehensive duties, as other tasks and responsibilities of a generally similar nature may be added on a temporary nor permanent basis whenever appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
• 3-years minimum food and beverage serving experience.
• Good communication and customer contact skills.
• Team Player.