Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
An experienced Commodity Manager is required to provide support to internal Baker Hughes customer.
• Set and reinforce standards for a safe work environment.
• Supplier relationship management and facilitation of communication across all stakeholders
• Regularly submit to suppliers their performance metrics. Discuss and follow up with them on the action plan to improve their key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Optimize supplier performance and lead times in line with stakeholder requirements, implementing strategies and facilitating supplier cooperation with to improve overall performance.
• Work systematically and professionally in a well-documented manner in accordance with the company rules and procedures including adherence to trade compliance (export / import and supply chain security) regulations entirely.
• Optimize costs through effective use of tools and strategic sourcing processes while meeting engineering, quality, and product management specifications and requirements.
• Negotiate price, delivery, payment terms, stocking programs and other terms related to supply in compliance with BHGE standard terms and conditions with suppliers. Ensure contract availability and validity.
• Developing a budget for annual spend and savings targets, performing cost analysis, supplier benchmarking, and selection of projects to decrease expenditures and improve supplier performance.
• Generate and implement efficient sourcing and commodity management strategies in alignment with global business priorities. Report and present results to stakeholders.
• Effectively communicate commodity strategies, project timelines, and deliverables with all stakeholders and counterparts in other world areas. Facilitate and maintain stakeholder alignment with these strategies.
• Inform purchasing departments of plants about any changes in sourcing strategy (price, lead time, prime source change, black list etc.) which can influence their operation.
• Oversee the proper implementation and execution of commodity strategies, ensuring that manufacturing sites use and follow purchasing strategies
• Investigate and recommend new or alternate sources of supply as necessary to support business objectives and mitigate potential supply chain risks
Desired Candidate Profile
• Bachelor s Degree (Engineering, Chemistry or like)
• 8+ years experience in sourcing/procurement for direct and indirect spend, including 3+ years experience in a leadership role.
• In depth knowledge of area of expertise in the Chemicals industry, preferably in Oil Field Chemicals Industry.
• Well-rounded Supply Chain experience and job history with demonstrated leadership s skill.
• Strong negotiation and contract skills and strong alliance management skills.
• Excellent ability to communicate with internal customers and suppliers.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office systems. Must have intermediate data analysis skills with Excel. Intermediate PowerPoint skills to create their own presentations.
• Oil & Gas industry experience
• Previous experience in a Regional position
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more