The Chemical Engineer will be responsible for managing specialty and bulk chemical programs and applications for facilities processing. To accomplish this, the Chemical Engineer will coordinate with the respective process team's to monitor, track, and optimize the specific chemical applications for actual process operating conditions, confirm chemical performance and the quality and compliance of the facility end products. The Chemical Engineer will ensure that all chemical handling procedures are in compliance with company health, environment and safety policies. The Chemical Engineer will be expected to learn about each of the surface facilities at Mukhaizna and how they relate to each other, along with each facility's product specifications and general operating conditions and process flows.
The Chemical Engineer responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Monitor chemical consumption and application effectiveness at the facilities in assigned area of responsibility.
• Support Technical Services Team and other Teams with technical information during Management of Change projects.
• Work with the chemical vendor's onsite Account Manager (AM) and Field Engineer (FE) to develop, implement, and maintain chemical applications controls to ensure a consistent facility product within specification even when process variations occur.
• To work with the vendors technical teams to identify, create, and track key metrics associated with the application of chemicals. These metrics are to be used to facilitate historical tracking records, troubleshooting, performance validation, cost control and continuous improvement.
• Review water, gas, and solids analysis results and give explanation for deviations from norm, as well as technical support on which parameters apply, and how the results should be interpreted relating to the process and the application of chemical, or the identification of corrosion or flow assurance problems.
• Identify and scope improvement projects, perform technical evaluations and studies and Identify and justify asset upgrades to meet the evolutional challenges of operations over time.
• To develop strategic planning including action plans, budgeting, economics, critical time lines, materials selection and specification, and project implementation where appropriate.
• Work with the vendor to investigate and solve corrosion and flow assurance problems and recommend applicable chemical treatment options for corrosion mitigation.
• Perform analytical assessments, economic evaluations and engage in performance management functions.
• To draft and present technical papers, provide status, forecasts, findings and recommendations in presentation format.
• Assist in the implementation of new installations of chemical injection systems.
• Support other Teams in the troubleshooting of problems related to corrosion or flow assurance .
• Support other Teams in specifying and ordering chemicals for process applications.
• Troubleshoot any given chemical application to determine the root cause for any performance shortfalls.
• Communicate effectively with customers and Process Teams to explain and justify chemical treating recommendations provided.
• Perform material and mass balances.
• Perform process, scaling and corrosion risk modeling.
• Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in chemical process.
• Experience with chemical injection monitoring programs, preferred in oil and Gas Industry or in industrial Water Treatment plants .
• Experience on corrosion and materials engineering is preferred.
• NACE certification as a Corrosion Technologist or Internal Corrosion Technologist is a preference.
• Working knowledge of process and chemistry tools particularly on corrosion & scale prediction (e.g., MultiCorp and SSPS) is preferred.
• Knowledge of production chemistry threats and their mitigation/monitoring.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze process and equipment data to identify problems and opportunities.
• Familiar with oil dehydration and oilfield water treatment processes.
• Must be able to move multiple projects forward concurrently.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good PC skills.
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas / Petroleum
Functional Area :