The Chemical Specialist will be responsible for delivering production chemistry solutions related to water treatment plants of various technologies such as Reverse Osmosis (RO), "Mechanical Vapor Compressor" distillation (MVC) and combined Warm Lime Softening - "Strong Acid Cation" (SAC) plants. The Chemical Specialist will have a good understanding of the processes, equipment and various cause and effects of chemical treatment techniques to maintain boiler feed water quality (Steam Production) ; identify process upsets initiating process recovery mitigation and optimizing efficiencies of the chemical applications (cost control). The Chemical Specialist will ensure that all chemical handling procedures are in compliance with company health, environment and safety policies.
The Chemical Specialist responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Performs all aspects of sampling, monitoring and testing required to maintain compliance with Boiler Feed Water specifications.
• Day to day surveillance & communication of recommendations to operations teams to include production chemistry issues, costs impacts & any corrective action required for upset recovery and return to steady state processing.
• Engage with Water Delivery Team & concerned teams as required giving understanding of key production chemistry risks associated with operational changes and implementation of new processes.
• Be proactive in identifying opportunities for chemical optimization through the theme of continuous improvement & subject excellence.
• Assist in the preparation of technical standard/specs for treatment chemical contracts.
• Able to manage and coordinate chemical trials including contracting requirements, securing equipment, interfacing and coordination between all parties, initiating and providing supporting justifications for "Management Of Change" (MOC).
• Work with Operations team to monitor, and optimize the particular chemical applications as required depending upon the process conditions and the chemical performance.
• Maintaining proper application of Specialty and Bulk Chemicals like, water clarifier, coagulants, flocculants, Salt, Soda Ash, Lime, HCL and Caustic Soda in Mukhaizna processes.
• Work with the vendor to investigate and solve corrosion and flow assurance problems, develop recommendations & chemical treatment programs to mitigate corrosion risks.
• Ensure compliance with all company & governmental safety, environment and health rules and regulations.
• To identify, create and track "Key Performance Indicators" (KPIs) related to the application of the various chemicals like Demulsifier, water clarifiers, corrosion inhibitors, scale inhibitors and biocides.
• Assess risk of corrosion or scaling using predictive software platforms.
• Review water, gas and solids analysis results and give explanation for deviations from norm, as well as technical support on which parameters apply. Analyze the results and provide interpretation related to the process and the application of chemical, or the identification of corrosion or flow assurance problems.
• Assist in the implementation of new installations of chemical injection systems.
• Manage chemicals Quality Assurance & Quality Control Programs.
• Present the problem, the supporting data, the investigation findings, any trial results, and the recommendations in a technical report format.
• Bachelor Degree.
• Minimum of 7 years' experience in chemical process, oil & gas and water treatment/steam operations .
• Should be familiar with water treatment technologies like RO, MVC, Ion Exchange, lime-soda ash softening.
• Should be able to perform elution studies on Ion Exchange resins and other required performance tests.
• Experience in chemical injection monitoring programs in Oil and Gas Industry or in industrial Water Treatment plants, is preferred.
• Experience in "Physical" Chemistry applications.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze process and equipment data to identify problems and opportunities.
• Must be able to move multiple projects forward concurrently.
• Strong communications and reporting skills are required along with the capability to train and mentor operators and chemists.
• Capable of reading and understanding " Process Flow Diagram" (PFD) & " Process and Instrument Diagrams" ( P&ID's).
• Good PC skills.
• Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
Industry Type :
Chemicals / Petrochemicals / Polymers / Industrial Gases
Functional Area :
Production / Manufacturing