Perform a variety of accounting activities for the preparation of reliable and timely financial statements. Make sure all accounting work is performed according to generally accepted accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and applicable regulatory requirements.
• Planning, implementing, and monitoring all SABIS Network schools relevant accounting activities and transactions as well as processing them within the allotted time-frame.
• Maintaining accuracy of general, revenue, expenditure, and subsidiary ledgers.
• Conducting verification and reconciliation tasks for banks, associated SABIS Network schools, and SABIS group entities, as well as researching and resolving discrepancies.
• Reviewing and auditing all accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchase orders, receipts, payments, and other accounting records and transactions, as well as ensuring money is posted to correct accounts and that all accounts balance.
• Preparing the monthly payroll and ensuring payment before end of month.
• Entering payroll data into the accounting software in order to have an updated and accurate database for immediate access to financial data when needed.
• Ensuring timely month-end closing of accounts and issuance of reliable and accurate financial statements.
• Monitoring collections, payments, and cash-flow movements, with regular reporting to HQ in Lebanon.
• Managing and tracking inventory records for the school in order to maintain inventory accuracy through regular physical counts and accurate recordkeeping.
• Preparing cheque payments to suppliers on time to ensure all due payments have been paid in a timely manner.
• Preparing and reviewing essential financial documentation regarding declarations and payments (Social Security, VAT, and Income Tax) to comply with the governing financial rules and regulations of the country.
• Providing assistance in the development of the annual budget.
• Preparing the actual vs budget report on monthly basis as a tool of control to ensure the accurate allocation of budgets and availability of funds.
• Participating in the year-end audit by compiling and preparing supporting schedules, work papers, and financial reports as requested by auditors.
• Coordinating with the Financial Controller to ensure the implementation and maintenance of effective internal control systems to safeguard school assets and prevent fraud.
• Ensuring collections from parents are processed through the banking system, not in cash.