Emirates College of Technology; a leading higher education institution in Abu Dhabi invites applications for the position of Chief Administration and Financial Affairs Officer.
Job Mission :
Assist the President and CEO in defining the college s Human Resources, Campus Administration, finance Departments vision, strategies and business plans to achieve the institutional objectives efficiently and cost effectively.
Directs, controls and provides overall guidance to the finance department including directing the preparation and planning of annual and longer term capital, operating and revenue budgets ensuring adherence to guidelines and timetables. Ensures accounting control and financial systems and procedures are implemented, maintained and updated as necessary.
Directs, controls and provides overall guidance to the development and implementation of personnel and administration policies and procedures, provision of competitive conditions of service to attract, motivate and retain high caliber staff and the provision of effective training and development.
Directs the formulation of public relations policies, plans and strategies to create a public corporate image and awareness of the college s objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities :
• Contribute to the formulation and implementation of the overall college strategy and short and long term business plans and goals
• Direct and provide overall guidance to the activities of the finance department to ensure that accounting and control systems are developed and maintained to produce adequate information for general management and the Board of Directors to make decisions based on accurate and up-to-date financial information
• Ensure that financial systems and procedures are developed, maintained and updated as necessary, such that required information is available to external auditors and an adequate system is developed
• Ensure and provide appropriate budget for the outsourcing of full-time vocational workforce plan
• Create and provide the annual pricing plan based on marketing intelligence analysis
• Prepare Departmental Plan progress reports on project activities to keep senior management informed of the progress of all initiatives and to facilitate decision making
• Support the College departments in providing quality service to all students
• Prepare college s 5-year business plan in line with the strategic goals
• Review and approve the procurement budget in order to meet the procurement s department targets in the most cost effective manner
• Direct and ensure the provision of adequate and appropriate accommodation for eligible employees, travel services, office security and facilities
• Ensure compliance with all relevant quality, health, safety, and environmental ISO standards across the Administration Group
• Ensure the current and long-term effectiveness of all financial functions of the College including: accounting; asset and debt management; financial statements; insurance; risk and safety management; operating and capital budgeting; College payments; administrative information systems, supply management chain; and audit
• Analyze and communicate monthly and annual financial statements and reports for the concerned stakeholder
• Oversee the preparation, management and monitoring of the College s operating and capital budgets
• Present the consolidated budgets to the President and CEO for review and the Board of Directors for endorsement with justification of the budgets, forecasts and long term plans
• Advise leadership in the development of solutions that address workplace challenges and issues while recognizing both college and individual needs and objectives
• Develop 5-year resource plan
• Manage and control the implementation of the administration group s business plans and ensures adequate resources are available to achieve the Human Resources, support services and Finance strategic objectives
• Oversee the development of financial, human resource and administrative systems with comprehensive policies and procedures that function in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and provide efficient services to the College community
• Approve various strategies that ensure safe and adequate welfare facilities to students
• Guide the development of optimum conditions of service and compensation/benefit policies and procedures, and liaises with other College at an equivalent level to exchange information on existing and proposed personnel policies and practices.
• Provide Administrative and Financial support to the academic affairs department in the area of academic talent management
• Manage various people, assets, technologies and policies appropriate for the establishment of an effective security plan
Master s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent from an accredited institution
18+ years of experience in various administrative positions including Chief position