SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Chief Engineer to support a large Base Operations Support (BOS) program providing operations & maintenance (O&M) support services to our U.S. government customer in Iraq. The program shall support O&M, full supply chain fuel services, renovation and construction projects, and other limited logistics support. The ideal candidate will have experience working on other large O&M programs in contingency environments.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Oversee the prime power and water treatment programs.
• Oversee the:
• Provide daily guidance and direction to Supervisors, Operators, Mechanics, and Technicians.
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled inspections.
• Report any malfunctions or lack of compliance with Statement of Work (SOW) to the Site Manager.
• Assist in developing the Statement of Work (SOW) when requested including diagrams and specifications in compliance with OBO, EPA, OSHA and National Electric Code (NEC) standards.
• Maintain effective, timely, and respectful communication and interaction with employees, managers, and support other organizations.
• Perform other administrative tasks including ordering material, inventorying, and scheduling work.
• Manage logistics, stock levels, and workflow processes.
• Collect, analyze, and summarize data for report preparation and submit written reports.
• Maintain the appropriate technical library and record-keeping, which documents all procedures necessary to accomplish assigned responsibilities.
• Be responsible for facility custodianship of work area and management of tools, equipment, and spare parts.
• Take initiative to analyze situations and make frequent technical decisions based on specifications, safety, and electrical codes.
• Evaluate operational effectiveness and develop/maintain effective operational control mechanisms
• Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
• Bachelor s Degree from an accredited U.S. college or university; experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
• Seven years of relevant experience
• DoS or DoD Top Secret clearance
• Advanced demonstrated Microsoft Office skills, to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
• Excellent demonstrated writing and speaking skills.
• Excellent demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent demonstrated interpersonal skills.
• Excellent demonstrated critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the U.S. Government Contracting industry.
• Demonstrated experience with running large O&M programs in a contingency environment
• Fluency in a foreign language is desired, but not required.