Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Overview: IBTCI is currently seeking a Chief of Party for a proposal for the five-year Yemen Continuous Learning and Evaluation program (YCLE). The purpose of YCLE is to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable the Yemen Mission to effectively monitor program performance and operational context; evaluate the performance and results of USAID/Yemen programs; and learn and adapt for improved effectiveness.
This position is contingent on project award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Overall responsibility for ensuring that all services provided under the contract, whether by international or local experts/personnel, are technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed.
• Manage and supervise the work of all experts/personnel provided under the contract.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for information on the progress and current status of all activities under the contract and establishing appropriate mechanisms to ensure that activity progress and specific implementation concerns are regularly and promptly reported.
• Manage the preparation and presentation of proposed project implementation plans and all reports.
• Provide management support and technical oversight for project activities.
• Coordinate and collaborating with donor clients, implementing partners, and stakeholders.
• Ensure efficient and effective performance on all aspects of the project, overseeing all quality assurance, control, and reporting.
• Represent the project and IBTCI with senior U.S. Government staff, implementing partners, and government officials.
• Provide overall leadership and strategic direction for the project.
• Adhere to U.S. Government, IBTCI, and local government rules, regulations, and standard operating procedures.
• Deliver high-quality outputs in accordance with the agreed work plan and timeframe.
• Ensure the financial health of the contract.
• May be required to be in-country to perform the essentials duties of this position.
• Manage all fiduciary duties in a responsible and professional manner.
• Travel is essential and may include travel to fragile and conflict-affected areas. An average of 25%-35% travel for project implementation and/or project management duties. Percentages may vary depending on IBTCI business needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Project or program management, with remote management experience a plus.
• Previous experience as a COP on a USAID-funded award.
• Development and oversight of monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems for clients.
• Utilization of Geographic Information System (GIS), web-based reporting and database management in programmatic monitoring, coordination, and evaluation.
• Prior experience working in Yemen preferred.
• At least 10 years of progressively responsibly experience on development, humanitarian, or transition programs;
• At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience related to monitoring, evaluation, and learning for development, humanitarian assistance, and/or transition programs.
• At least 5 years of experience managing multicultural teams.
• At least 2 years of experience working in unstable, conflict-affected, or post-conflict environments required.
• Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills required.
• Oral and written fluency in English required. Proficiency in Arabic is preferred.
Education: Bachelor s degree in international affairs, social sciences or related field. Master s degree preferred.