The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for overseeing the organization's ongoing operations and procedures and the efficiency of the business, and for delivering an excellent customer and client experience. The successful candidate will be able to forecast, plan and manage all Operations matters, staff and finance. The goal is to maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
The COO role is a key member of the Executive leadership team, provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization, will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and directly assists all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budgeting, cost benefit analysis, forecasting and planning , and to drive financial return, sustainable growth and organizational health.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures
• Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
• Work with operations managers to set a budget and project profits and losses.
• Managing budgets and costs effectively in respect of the planning process.
• Establish targets, KPI s, schedules, policies and procedures, Implementation of any new policies and procedures relating to the production process.
• Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
• Combine critical thinking and practical leadership to create a culture of innovation within the entire business.
• Manage all and day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards.
• Ensuring that communication between departments is ongoing and utilized to maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
• Communicate superior knowledge of purpose, core values, mission, strategy, vision, and operations.
• Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service.
• Implement operational best practices.
• Assist in Designing exceptional products, and continuously make necessary improvements.
• Identify customers needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns
• Lead team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel.
• Training of staff and managers to ensure that everyone is performing adequately in their role.
• Providing a leadership support function to teams and motivating staff to achieve production goals.
• Ensuring key performance indicators are in place and production targets are met.
• Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package.
• Emphasis on motivation and teamwork.
• Comply with all health and safety regulations.
• Report on management regarding sales results and productivity.
• Support the company in production planning and making sure the business is adequately resourced.
• Introducing and managing in-house IT systems ensuring that they are fit for purpose.