• Responsible for preparing the guidelines and framework for creating a state-of-the art Self-Driving Public Transportation system in Dubai.
• Responsible to represent the Transportation Systems Department, in technical committees internal and external to the RTA, and engage in presentations, discussions, policy matters, creation of rules and regulations, related to the Self-Driving Public Transportation in various aspects of decision-making process, selection criteria, generating summary reports, etc.
• Responsible for design and implementation of autonomous vehicles test bed including feasibility study, site assessment and infrastructure.
• Support Dubai World Challenge for Self-Driving Transportation in reviewing application form, evaluation criteria, participants screening, site readiness and event preparation.
• Responsible for generating the terms of references and proposals for the appointing consultants and specialized by utilising the proven developments and current practice in the field of Self-Driving Public Transportation.
• Responsible for proposing, organizing, coordinating, and identifying priorities with respect to implementation of Self-Driving Public Transportation including vehicular networks / connectivity, vehicles design, and V2V/V2X technologies.
• Supervise the performance of conceptual, preliminary and detailed design for Self-Driving Public Transportation Systems, in coordination with designated Consultants and relevant departments within RTA.
• Responsible for generating performance reports for the Director, indicating the level of service from the consultants and contractors performing Consultancy and Construction works for design, implementation, maintenance and operations of Transportation Systems.
• Supervises, assists and provides on-the-job training of junior staff assigned to work directly under his/her control, ensuring that they perform their duties efficiently and improve their knowledge and ability at the same time.
Perform other responsibilities associated with the position as appropriate
• Transportation Systems Projects
• Experience in development of Self Driving Public Transportation Strategy and Roadmap
• In-depth knowledge of Intelligent Transportation Systems and Automotive Systems.
• Prior experience in working with SAE automation levels.
• Background in Public Transportation, Water Transport and Taxi industry.
• Knowledge of up-to-date techniques in networking and telecommunications components.
• Interest and understanding in the application of advanced technology to transportation applications.
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
• Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
• Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation