• Provides significant inputs into RTA technology strategy and roadmap by providing in-depth analysis of intelligent transport systems strategy elements including but not limited to multimodal integration and operations command centres in close coordination with agencies technology departments
• Defines, develop and review Intelligent Traffic and Transportation Systems strategic plan across RTA, and monitor ITS master plan and command centre implementations
• Develops RTA Intelligent Traffic and Transportation Systems best practices and engineering guidelines for implementing ITS projects, and manage the adherence to these guidelines.
• Sets and maintains policies, procedures and standards for Intelligent Transport Systems governance and is responsible for reviewing compliance of agencies with ITS governance policies, procedures and technology strategy ITS elements
• Identifies and recommends new and emerging ITS related technologies and assesses their relevance to RTA strategy and operating model
• Monitors, advice, and consult on formulating, reviewing and revising the Intelligent Traffic and Transportation Systems policies & procedures. Determine and specify the technical requirements for advanced Intelligent Traffic and Transportation Systems.
• Monitors and benchmark ITS practices globally, and recommend similar opportunities for RTA to pursue.
• Owns the Intelligent Traffic and Transportation Systems architecture drawings and designs, and periodically reviews RTA ITS architecture for areas of improvement in coordination with other technology architects and ITS subject matter experts
• Reviews, coordinate and provide input into all Intelligent Traffic and Transportation Systems projects implementation plans across RTA and set goals to be accomplished through current and planned works.
• Promotes Systems Engineering Framework and other best practices, and manage adherence to this methodology.
• Extracts data and information from all RTA ITS systems and implements transport modelling initiatives through the use of simulators and modelling, and coordinate with RTA agencies / sectors and other emirates to make more informative investment and strategic decisions
• Proactively contributes to GIS implementations to ensure integration of current and future GIS capabilities across RTA and expand available GIS capabilities that supports ITS capabilities to strategic partners across the UAE
• Actively participate in and contribute towards the development of ITS systems within RTA and in international ITS communities/ forums.
• Analyses data in statistical reports and identify transport system problems and causes. Develop recommendations for improvement.
• Maintains records and compile statistical reports concerning Intelligent Traffic and Transportation Systems.
• Manages the investigation of RTA ITS requirements in order to establish, modify or maintain ITS capabilities that support RTA technology strategy and needs. Oversee the development of business cases for strategic ITS capabilities
• Ensures that ITS programs and projects adhere to the agreed portfolio management approach and schedules. Produces reports as appropriate for ITS portfolio governance, including making recommendations for changes to the portfolio. Coordinates with RTA strategic partners and other Dubai Government entities to ensure integration of ITS capabilities with external entities
• Plans, directs, and coordinates activities to manage and implement strategic ITS programs and projects
• Manages the delivery of ITS related training material in a formal educational context to improve ITS awareness and understanding
• Adheres to Intelligent Transport systems standards, policies and procedures.
• Provides inputs to risk assessment activities within the ITS section
• Must have previous experience within operational command and control centers.
• Must have previous experience with command and control, Integrated Communications Control and CCTV Systems.
• Knowledge in ITS architecture standards such as National ITS architectures and TEAP
• Must have previous experience with ITS designs, implementation, commissioning and handover.
• Desirable knowledge of SCOOT, ATMS and Smart Motorways, rail, buses, dispatching systems or others.
• Desirable knowledge of ISO 14813-1 Intelligent Transport Systems Reference Model Architecture
• Excellent project management skills to develop and direct project managers
• Ability to initiate and direct Intelligent Transport Systems projects in support of strategic and operational goals.
• Knowledge on latest developments and trends in the area of ITS technologies
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
• Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
• Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
• Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
• Perform other responsibilities, tasks as assigned by the Manager
Computer Science or Electrical / Electronic, Intelligent Transport System
Industry Type :
Defence / Military / Government
Functional Area :