• Follow up on overall Rail system technical and Engineering issues (EMC/EMI, Noise, Vibration, Operation and Maintenance Plans, etc ) and related project support, control, management and monitoring at all various project stages and activities.
• Ensure Rail system wide conformance to best international standards and practices.
• Support the roles and responsibilities of the direct manager and Project Managers in the execution of their duties.
• Provide support and involve in the pre-contract stage planning and development of railway projects and strategic transportation vision.
• Review and support in the development and introduction of new and changed management systems and processes required to support the integrated transportation vision and related infrastructure.
• Study and propose optimization opportunities, innovative solutions and efficiency improvements related to various engineering aspects of Rail System projects.
• Support individual Project Manager to ensure that the Contractor and Engineer assigned to the project adhere to the pre-agreed schedule of design, Installation, Testing and commissioning.
• Follow up, monitor and attend as required by the direct manager, Factory Acceptance Tests and inspections, System Validation and on site Testing and Commissioning,
• Follow up and support on Operation Trial, revenue Operation readiness, Handover to O&M and Defect liability works.
• Follow up on Safety notices, risks and hazards logs and ensure mitigation measures related to Rail System wide are adequate and implemented.
• Conduct regular site inspection visits as required.
• Provide full supports to the design development and implementation of the Rail Agency standards, guidelines and manuals as required and necessary.
• Provide Technical supports and advise to the Contract and commercial team on Contract, Claims, Variations, project payment certifications, negotiations and settlements.
• Provide projects progress status and issues and prepare reports to the director and management as required.
• Monitor the Engineer & Consultant performance and ensure resources competency and adequacy for each project.
• Conduct value engineering throughout the project and advise direct manager on feasibility and implementation.
• Identify and Compile Lessons Learned highlighting causes, problems and develop recommendations and solutions for improvement.
• Participate in developing rail agency strategic objectives and initiatives.
• Coordination with relevant third parties during various phases of the
• Master Degree in Business Administration from a recognized university.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering: Electrical / Mechanical or Rail System Engineering from a recognized university.
• 10 years of working experience in major Rail systems projects. With minimum 5 years or more of design management experience in a particular rail system/discipline.
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
• Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
• Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
• Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
Industry Type :
Defence / Military / Government
Functional Area :