• Manages and directs the efforts of stewarding staff in order to maintain a sanitary food & beverage environment.
• Maintains inventory of supplies required to service guests within the food & beverage operation.
• Hire, train, schedule, supervise and counsel all members of the stewards department in accordance with established standards for safety, productivity and performance.
• Delegate dish and equipment washing and silver polishing activities.
• Supervise, control and analyze the day to day functions of all stewarding employees
• Facilities, sales, costs, sanitation, cleanliness and hygiene to ensure the accurate and timely preparation of individual mise-en-place.
• Direct staff in maintaining the cleanliness of the back of the house areas, which include main kitchen, storage areas, dumpster, loading dock, team member's restaurant.
• Manage general cleaning schedule so that the food service areas meet or exceed the health inspection requirements.
• Maintain the inventory and coordinate the distribution of all big four items: china, glassware, and silver.
• Establishes analysis of operating equipment loss and communicates this information.
• Control the equipment storage areas and the issuance of equipment for the food service department, this includes maintaining the cleanliness and good operating condition of house kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, refrigerators, ovens, ice makers, walk-ins, dish machines, etc.
• Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings to advise staff of forecast expectations.
• Ensure that his team has full knowledge and compliance of all sanitation and hygiene regulations as set by internal and local legal requirements
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Cabin Crew / Flight Attendant / Steward / Air Hostess